Cholesterol is not the Culprit book

A forum to discuss cholesterol and the meaning of blood cholesterol levels.

Cholesterol is not the Culprit book

Postby rkcannon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Got the free kindle edition of the subject book. Very good- author will turn 100 this year and is still researching. But one concern is his take on vit D- thinks we're getting too much and causing calcium to deposit causing arteriosclerosis. But his 3 references are from 80s or earlier. Since then all sorts of work shows low D is associated with many illnesses including heart disease. Granted, vit D does increase magnesium needs as he says, important for healthy hearts also. He also thinks we need to drink 3 glasses of milk a day. He's doing something right for sure, but he did have a blocked artery also and has a stent. I think possibly eating dairy and high vit D may be a issue with the calcium.
rkcannon

Re: Cholesterol is not the Culprit book

Postby Pdougan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:06 am

I too take issue with his vitamin D analysis. The book however is outstanding. As I said in my Amazon review, they ought to make his book part of a high school general science required course. Maybe if they taught kids how the body really works, they could get a head start on the real reason for obesity.
Pdougan

Return to Cholesterol