Lipoprotein Particle Testing

A forum to discuss cholesterol and the meaning of blood cholesterol levels.

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Calcium (the structure behind athero) is of course a metal

the FDA will not approve edta chelation for athero is it is cheap cheap cheap and of course surgeries and statins (for life) are NOT.
read some of the posts here by folks who have had it done..

no disconnect between vinegar and edta they are very similar, i believe the edta is very similar to 4 molecules of vinegar:

EDTA is not vinegar, although their structures are related. EDTA stands for ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and vinegar is diluted acetic acid.

Read more: Is EDTA vinegar? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2200442#ixzz1Bn6z50xt

I believe Duane called EDTA "super vineger" because of this.

chelation has been around since WW1 and in fact was developed by the us navy originally because of lead poisoning (from the paint they used on ships.

arguing about this is unnecessary, you can take the info or leave it the choice is yours. but at ~$5 for 2-4 months supply from a health food store and the historical and anecdotal referances to its benifits....well what can I say except the choice is yours, but I for one can attest to it's action on my buildups which have slowly been reduced!!!!

If you use the following link and enter your city and under specialties select "contains" and type in chelation...you can then ask the doc and/or patients (I can assure you that the patients who have done chelation are usually more than willing to tell of thier successes...

http://www.acamnet.org/site/apps/kb/cs/ ... 11447&raw=
David Staup

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:40 pm

one more thing:

about a year ago the "bucket" in my tub drain stuck mostly closed. when I asked a plumber at my church how I might unstick it he (much to my amusement) said to heat some vinegar and pour it into the drain and to do this several times an hour then "bang" on the drain handle and to keep doing it for a day or until the drain unstuck....it worked after the fourth hour!!!

here is another use for plumbing (chuckle) problems:

"http://www.essortment.com/home/homeplumbingcl_swoy.htm
David Staup

Postby lars999 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 pm

David,

By what measure(s) did you determine "I for one can attest to it's action on my buildups which have slowly been reduced!!!!"?

Yes, chelation is "old hat" for removing heavy matals from people and many other things. Chelation was part of my very first chemistry course, in 1950s. What is new to me is its use to remove plaque, hopefully to remove vulnerable plaque too, not just calcified, stable plaque.

Thanks for reference leading to folks that have had EDTA treatment for plaque removal.

Using vinegar to unplug sinks is one of a huge number of such uses. We often used it to clean metal surfaces, remove some kinds of plating, etc.

Lars
lars999

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:34 pm

My experience with ACV and blocking is this:

I have buildup in both coratid arteries verified and measured by MRI or CAT (don't remember which) that originally caused audible (to me) constant whooshing sounds clearly more noticable on the left.
the left side was measured at twice the thickness of the right. since starting the daily ACV the sounds on the right are completely gone (after months)and I now only hear the left side occaisonally at night.

I no longer have insurance so haven't had a repeat scan but trust my hearing as a reliable measurement as my hearing has not changed.

I also have buildup in my aorta that is hardened and that has shrunk noticably albiet slowly over the same period!
David Staup

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

one more thing, Lars, statins caused me to have terrible acid indigestion problems almost constantly day and night. since starting the ACV I have not had a single episode, not one! that alone has been worth every penny I spend on the ACV and then some!
David Staup

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 pm

darn it even one more thing:

because the acv works slowly there is virtually no chance of large chunks breaking away and causing blockages further down the line where the arteries branch and become smaller!
David Staup

Postby lars999 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks once again David!!

I do know about the "whooshing" sound, although, happily, I do not hear it.

I expect to learn something about any calcification of my aorta in a couple of weeks, during course of pulmonology exam.

Now here is information that will cause me to give ACV a try!! "statins caused me to have terrible acid indigestion problems almost constantly day and night. since starting the ACV I have not had a single episode, not one! that alone has been worth every penny I spend on the ACV and then some!" Acid indigestion has become my nearly constant companion in recent years, that is, unless I was taking Nexium, one of the expensive prescription drugs I am trying to quit. Other PPI drugs were not much effective, less than Maalox. My previous, life-long remedy, plenty of aerobic activity, no longer is very effective. I had heard that ACV worked to stop this, but, found no convincing information. Thank You!!

Now that I am increasing my aerobic cross country skiing level and getting back into downhill skiing, the following offers some measure of comfort -- "because the acv works slowly there is virtually no chance of large chunks breaking away and causing blockages further down the line where the arteries branch and become smaller!" This strikes a very responsive note because a friend got a nice clot-caused heart attack immediately after a very vigerous workout. He is my age and was much more physically fit -- no statins, low total cholesterol, generally very clean arteries. Spooky!!

You have convienced yet another to give ACV a try.

Thanks,
Lars

NOW, anyone got anything to add on initial topic of this thread?
lars999

Postby David Staup » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Lars

de nada!

this is what I use:

"http://bragg.com/products/acv.html?gclid=CNuczujuzqYCFQ687QodDH5XIQ

good stuff!
David Staup

Postby lars999 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:01 pm

David,

Local VitaminShoppe carries that brand of ACV, so next week I buy some and get started.

Lars
lars999

Summary of why size is important in cholesterol testing

Postby SpectraCell » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Here is a good summary of why size is important in cholesterol testing. It summarizes the phenomena of cholesterol-depletion and cholesterol-enrichment. Standard cholesterol tests are really becoming obsolete since they don’t evaluate risk accurately.

Also, the link below is the abstract of an informative paper called “Why Cholesterol Measurements May be Misleading About Lipoprotein Levels and Cardiovascular Risk.”

http://www.spectracell.com/media/522abstract2002jlabmedwhy-cholesterol-measurements-may-be-misleading-about-lipoprotein-levels.pdf
SpectraCell

Postby lars999 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks for reference SpectraCell, however, full article is only available to AHA Proffessionall Members. I did find some discussion of this article in Läkartidningen 2004;101:1188-94 in Swedish, so I read what is available, nice that is in Swedish. Läkartidningen is journal of Swedish Medical Society.

Lars
lars999

Postby BCGuy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi all,

WOW are you all very well informed.

I'm more than a little embarrassed at my ignorance.

I guess when they put me on Lipitor and my fingers/toes started to get numb on occasion and the doctor completely ignored my worries I was fortunate enough to hear a caller on Alex Jones suggest this site when looking into Statins.

I feel better already just not feeling so isolated.

So thank you in advance for any advice.......BCGuy
BCGuy

To Lars

Postby SpectraCell » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 am

Lars,

If you would like, you can email Tara Stepan (tstepan@spectracell.com) and she can set you up with more information via email or a discussion with our Lipoprotein Particle Profile developer, Dr. Jan Troup. Thanks!
SpectraCell

Postby David Staup » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Spectracell guy :lol:

I recall reading that a diet rich in noncomplex carbs actually contributes to the production of the smalles particles and therefore the commonly reccommended low fat low cholesterol diet is responsible for much of the problem...however I cannot find the link..do you know of this and can you direct me?

Thanks in advance

David
David Staup

Postby SpectraCell » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Here is the paper to which I think you are referring. I put the link to the section in our library for Small, Dense LDL which is where this paper is listed. It's the first paper listed in fact.

Link to the page:
http://www.spectracell.com/online-libra ... -abstract/
SpectraCell

Postby David Staup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:37 pm

yes that's it!
thank you soooo much

david
David Staup

Postby David Staup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

SCG,

it occurs to me to ask if there was any attempt to insure that the HFLC diet included the proper balance of essential fatty acids? and if not might that not be worth investigating??

David
David Staup

Previous

Return to Cholesterol