severe muscle, head & neck pain Lipitor

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

severe muscle, head & neck pain Lipitor

Postby jpswind » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 pm

I started taking Lipitor about 2 months ago. My cholesterol was at 266. It is now 151. I felt everything was going good until on just this past Monday 10/24/2005, I had to go to the emergency room with severe muscle, head & neck pain. My arms were both numb with a burning aching sensation my right hand was numb and cold, my neck hurts so bad that it is causing my head to hurt. My shoulders hurt. I felt something was really wrong so I called an ambulance. I was home by myself and it takes alot for me to admit that I need the assistance of anyone let alone an ambulance. They took me to the hospital and the doctor gave me an xray and a cat scan. They couldn't find anything. All he said was it "might" be arthritis and sent me home with Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone and Methocarbamol. Between all these drugs combined they put a small dent in the pain. When they are going out of my system I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Once again flooded by the pain and weakness in all areas. I told them I was on Lipitor, but no reaction. It wasn't until I got back home that several of the people I have been talking to told me about others that have experienced pain and other problems with Lipitor. That is what got me hunting on the web and brought me to this web site. I have also had mood swings and memory loss. Has anyone else felt like this?

Jackie

10/29/05

Today is Saturday and I am still feeling quite a bit of pain since my trip to the hospital on Monday. Today I woke up with a rash all over my body. It is a lumpy red rash and it itches. I guess a side effect of the medicines. It is mostly on my legs. The burning and pain is still in my arms, neck and headache. I feel very weak and almost zomby like. If I stay in one position too long my arms and hands go numb.

Jackie
jpswind

Postby xlt325 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:01 pm

Hello Jackie:

I hope you still check into this site. I was so surprised to read your post and am anxious to hear how you are doing now. My mother who has been on Lipitor for a number of years has just been hospitalized twice, to the doctor 8-10 times within a two week period and has been to the emergency room three times for severe back pain. All within a two week time period! After doing every test known to man, CT Scans, MRI, x-rays, bone scans, they were able to find absolutely nothing wrong. Yet her pain is so bad at times that she requires injections of morphine as well as percocet by mouth! The doctors have finally come to the conclusion that she's experiencing muscle spasms/pain which could be caused by taking lipitor! I am hoping that by stopping this horrid medication she will begin to recover from this awful experience. Your story sounded very familiar so I am therefore very anxious to hear how you are now. I know this was several months ago and I hope you're back to normal now! Look forward to your response.

Kim
xlt325

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins