still hurting

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

still hurting

Postby pops » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:41 pm

It's been 3 and a half months since I stopped taking lovastatin. I'd only taken it one month. The pain started after 3 weeks. I stopped a week later.

Before lovastatin I had no pain in my legs. Now the pain is constant. When it first hit after 3 weeks, I could barely stand.

I used to be able to hike forever with no pain. Now a couple miles and I have to rest, take ibuprofen, message my legs, and experience anger that I have this pain when I shouldn't have been subjected to this "wonder drug."

Prior to statins, my cholesterol was 180, my HDL was 49, triglycerides 53, and LDL 120. I was prescribed lovastatin as a "preventative."

Of 18 people I've talked to in person who have taken statins, 7 have quit because of severe pain. That's more than 1 out of 3.

My doctor told me side effects were rare.
This was a lie.
I don't know if he knew he was lying, or if he just believed the lies the drug companies were telling him.

I looked up what the doctors are hearing; they're being told side effects are 1 out of 4933. That's incredibly untrue.

I have a hard time believing such a lie has been foistered in the American people. I wonder when this travesty will end. I suppose as long as there are huge profits to be made, it never will.

I don't make policy. But if I did, statins would never be prescribed for healthy people. And I wonder about the wisdom of prescribing them for anybody.
pops

Postby rkcannon » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 am

I was talking to an older company doctor about statins during a physical exam, and he said he knew about their dangers, and was at a conference years ago where somebody said they did not think statins would be successful in humans because they could tell the animals using them (in experiments) felt terrible.
rkcannon

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins