Need concise list of studies

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

Need concise list of studies

Postby damaged » Sat May 08, 2010 12:35 am

8 years have passed.

I'm beginning to conclude that there will never be a decrease in the pain that is enevitable if I walk more than 100 yards. I've tried CoQ10, and every other supplement that was ever recommended by anyone anywhere.

I've received news letters from Spacedoc indicating that he's concluded that CoQ10, and I assume any other supplements, are ineffective.

Every doctor, except one (pain doc) has dismissed the possibility of statin damage, or plainly said that they're interested.....but too busy to help me try to find some solution.

So, my question:

I'm considering checking in to Mayo Clinic.
From what I understand, a team of doctors will evaluate my condition, and proceed accordingly.

Assuming that once I tell them that I was perfectly healthy until I began taking statins, and started to experience pain and weakness immediately. And that within 3 months, the pain (and weakness) was profound...that they would not argue that the problem is related to statins.

But at this point, nothing would surprise me.

So, should they not be convinced.....

Would anyone know of a list of documents, peer reviewed studies, etc that could be referenced by a doctor or doctors?

A small collection of documents that could be presented to them to bolster the case or save time for a doctor that had an open mind?

I know that the average doctor has no interest in articles written by anyone without solid credentials in conventional medicine - no matter how compelling the argument might seem to me or anyone else.

To them, peer review is everything.

It seems to me, that such a collection of the latest studies, etc would be very valuable.

Unfortunately, as I collected info, I often cut and pasted the bodies of the text but failed (in many cases) to include the sources.

I'd be willing to post everything that I have here if anyone agrees that we should sort things out according to the value - as expected in the mind of the typical conventional doctor.

There's no doubt that the more concise the info is, the more likely it is to be considered.
In the states, the average doctor's workload is off the charts.

Anyone up for compiling something?
Or know of an existing compilation?

Thanks,
mike
damaged

Postby uncle2blade » Sun May 09, 2010 7:13 am

damaged, Google statin damage with normal CK levels. You will get a lot of AMA. information there. I have them all and when I see a new DR. I always have them in hand. If you have trouble finding them let me know. I'll make sure to help. Good luck, Craig
uncle2blade

Postby damaged » Sun May 09, 2010 11:30 am

>damaged, Google statin damage with normal CK levels.

Thanks!
You're right...looks like just what I was looking for. I'll check the first few pages of links, and should find something that a typical Dr. might consider.

I usually don't check my PMs on this board (I don't even know if it works).

But if it does, and you happen to have some info that you feel is irrefutabe evidence of statin damage occurring, and how it can be tested for (or identified), please let me know via PM.

Then, I'll give you my email address. OK?

Thank you very much,
Mike
damaged

Postby uncle2blade » Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 pm

damaged, If you haven"t read my posts on this forum please take a few min. to do so. You will find my Email add there, and some info you might find helpful. Feel free to Email me. If you have any questions, you can also ask via this forum. Best to you, Craig
uncle2blade

Postby damaged » Sun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Craig,
I've been stopping in for a few years now. This site has provided more info on the symptoms of statin damage than I've been able to find anywhere else.
I've probably read most of your posts at one time or another. Your story is very similar to mine, except I was a working carpenter, and was prescribed various pain meds to enable me to continue working while my muscles were being destroyed. So perhaps the damage was more severe.

I can't seem to find your email address in any of your posts.

I have a "throw away" address

veeber6464@gmailXXXX.com (remove Xs) that you can send your address to.

If you'd do that, I have a few questions for you.
thank you,
mike
damaged

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins