Will I ever be 100% again?

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

Will I ever be 100% again?

Postby redlola » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 pm

I am new to the forum sad to say. to make a long story very short. after jaw pain from a year ago horrible upper arm pain and leg pain since January. couldn't get in to see my internest. so went the orthopedist, rqan the lab and had a elevated muscle enzyme. immediately stopped the zocor! have been taking vicodin for the pain. NEVER told about co-q10 by the doctor. am now taking 600mg daily. am now off the vicodin that i took 4x aday for 4+weeks. still having muscle weakness, can't be on my feet for very long, still having upper arm pain and lower back pain but now bearable.

QUESTION: what else should i be doing? will I ever be 100% again? Please help!!!
redlola

Postby harley2ride » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Nobody can be sure. It depends on the extent of your injury. You can spend thousands on docs and tests to see if it is just statin myopathy or worse, or you can try taking coq10, aceytl l-carnatine for a month or two and see if it makes any difference. If the coq10 and l-carnatine, fix you up, you are one of the fortunate ones. If not, it can take numerous tests and some dough to find out for sure what has happened to you.

In my case, it was $30,000.00 out of pocket in medical, two muscle biopsies, three emg's, one oxygen exchange test, and lots and lots of blood tests, and going through 5 doctors before I found one who believed that statins could have caused my problems, and referred me to the MDA for help.

I wish you the best in your recovery.
harley2ride

Postby uncle2blade » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm

redlola, Welcome, to our forum. First let me say how sorry I am that you are having this problem.
If you haven't yet, start taking L-Carnitine, and AL-Carnitine, this will help with pain, next read as much as you can on this Forum there is alot of information here.
This, message board literally saved my life. The Drs. didn't have a clue.
When you read something by someone you can relate to, click their profile and read all you can on that member. Study the sight become familiar with it so you can move around it easily. When you get down and you will, we all do, come here to get encouragement. Your friends and family have know idea what your going through. Things will get better. I can't tell you how long it will take or how much recovery you will have. It's different for us all. If you can't find my email add on my profile and would like to talk just ask and I'll forward it on.
Best to you. Your in my prayers, Craig
uncle2blade

Postby redlola » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I have found am MD who also practices homeopathy. anybody have any experience with with homeopatics and statin side effects?
redlola

Postby uncle2blade » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am

redlola,
I haven't tried a Homeopath,but you never know what will work. I hope you will find some help there.
Please keep posting and let us all know how your doing. By the way if you haven't done so yet please post your statin story under MY STATIN STORY on this forum. Then from time to time let us know how things are going by posting under MY STATIN STORY UPDATES. Also look for polls on this board. All of these things will help us all.
Thanks and best to you, Craig
uncle2blade

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins