muscle joint pain and questions???

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

muscle joint pain and questions???

Postby bradadelaide45 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I am a male 45 years and used simivastin another statin for three and a half years. Over this time i had severe muscle pain at time then about 4 months ago the muscle pain in my legs came on with a vengence. It started in both thighs then calfs got very tight sore ankles feet and eventually got in to my arms. A deep achey sort of a pain and an irritability that casesa feeling like a toxin in my inside elbows that makes me want to stretch all the time. I feel very weak compared to my former self. Itried many things to alleviaate the pain but nothing really took the pain away or even decteased it much. sometimes i would lay and groan in agony. I especially noticed that draghts and weather changes made me feel worse????. I stopped taking the simivastin 6 weeks ago. I have not had a lot of improvement but must admitt thet i have been trying to push my self over this and probably done more damage. My ck levels are normal but my liver enzyme is increased a little. I started also to take q10 and L- carnitine along with magnesium. I might be improving a little each day but nothing definate. I saw a rhumatologist who has no diagnosis and isnt to commital on wether the statin is to blame. He put me on celebrex which has finally given me some relief. Can anyone relate to the worsening of symtoms with cooler changes in wheather? and is there anything else i could do to hasten recovery? Thank you to all contributors on this board although it is the first time i have contributed this board has been a scorse of help to me.
bradadelaide45

Postby harley2ride » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Cold weather makes me much worse. It is because your muscles have to work harder to help try to keep you warm. I am always much better after the winter is over. I've found that wearing underarmour cold gear all day every day, in the winter time, has helped a bunch.
harley2ride

Postby catspjs » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 am

Weather changes have a lot to do with how you feel...esp.the big season changes....winter to spring is the biggy for me...Cold makes me stiffen up and be sore...I also have fibromyalgia besides the perif. neuropathy and muscle damage from zocor.so I know where you come from with weather changes...In winter I wear knee length socks to keep my legs warm...It does help.....
catspjs

Postby Brian C. » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I wouldn't be without my long-johns :)

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins