New Evidence of Drug Interactions

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

If you have muscle weakness/pain, are you taking a drug that is known to interact with your statin drug?

Yes
25%
No
50%
I am unaware of any but I will now check on my other prescriptions
25%

Total votes : 4

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 pm

I was actually given, during my Statin saga, antibiotics listed as unfavorable when used with Statins; BY MY OWN DOCTOR! But nothing I'm taking now is known (by me) to conflict.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

CORRECTION ON POLL

Postby pgrimm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:20 pm

I constructed that poll with the wrong tense, I should have said WERE YOU PRESCRIBED AND DID YOU USE drugs that are listed as having an interaction with your prescribed statin drug. Anyone who is on this forum would not be taking such a drug at this time!

I emailed Dr. Mootha who is the researcher in the above study. He responded to me within minutes. He said,

[quote]"I think it's important to remember that our studies have all been performed in cultured cells, and they raise hypotheses about humans and drug toxicity, but they are only hypotheses. It would be quite premature to make any clinical decisions on the basis of our published study of cells in the lab.

I suggest that he consult with his physicians on the latest human, clinical studies before making any changes in medication regimens.[/quote]

A tentative response, which is not surprising, but the last comment is also not realistic, given our experience, since the doctors are the ones that have caused all this muscle damage!
pgrimm

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins