I can't stand this

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Muscle Pain associated with statin drug use.

I can't stand this

Postby kkolk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:42 pm

I am new to the group I just started out here. I have been told for the 3rd time that there is nothing wrong with my muscle blood tests. I have explained over and over again to my PCP that he wouldn't find anything wrong that the way to determine this is a biopsy of the muscle fiber tissues. He has basically washed his hands saying I need a second opionon. I need help.. Please does anyone know a doctor in the Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin area that has been through this with either one of you or knows a ton about it.

I can't control the pain. Pain Medications are becoming like candy and I walk with a cane when 8 months ago I was jogging. I am not going insane, and I am not making this up. I would think my PCP would want to learn from this instead of brush me away and hope that someone else will continue the medication that gets me out of bed in the morning.

I started the CoQ10 just yesterday. Does anyone know how long before I can tell if it's going to work or not?
kkolk

muscles

Postby imanut » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Since I don't read what your "issues" are ---- what I can say is that a muscle biopsy did nothing for determining what ails me.

Since I'm a local, close by you, feel free to email me. uranut1 at yahoo dot com

gn
imanut

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:09 pm

This is not a quick fix sort of remedy. It will take a few weeks in most cases before you feel a noticeable difference; it did for me at any rate, but you will improve. L-carnitine is also recommended for recovery. I know how you feel - I, and most of the group have been in your shoes to the point of weeping. Please believe, there is a brighter horizon, and please keep in touch.

I am not familiar with your part of the country, sorry. You can do a Memberlist (above) and change the format criteria to 'Location' in 'Descending' order to see who is in your area, but be aware, not all people fill out that part of their profile.

Again, k, keep positive; this DOES get better.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby SusieO » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Read my post about my healing journey - I found a lady near me that came to my house and she did Quantum Touch healing on me - I swear to you as soon as she left my house I was able to walk with no pain and weakness. As I had setbacks from supplements that contained too much Niacin I'd call and she would return - after each visit I would again be renewed in my strength to the point I walk over 5 miles a day.

Some folks may think this is a hoax, but after all the tests I've been through and I refused to take pain pills for something no one would put a label on a.k.a. statin damage I thought I'd give it a shot to spend $50 to invite her to my home and that was the best $50 I've ever spent in my whole life - she saved my life!

Look on the Quantum Touch site *www.quantumtouch.com (remove the star) and look at Illinois - I did a quick search and there are many healers in your area. If you can find one that also specializes in Emotional Freedom Techniques this is a great help, too!
SusieO

Postby kkolk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:04 pm

An update. Well I took your advice and started the CoQ10 big amounts 1000mg per day spread out though 400mg am mid pm sleep...

I also added in the l-caratine. Sounds crazy but for the first time the other night I slept through the night without having to get up and take any pain medication. I haven't done that in months.

I had a consultation with a Professor of MD at Harvard Medical Center, he confirmed my diagnosis of Statin Related injury and even mentioned to take the CoQ10. I was pretty shocked.

The pain seems to be dulling. Not completly gone, but enough that I have been able to cut back on one of my stronger medications, from 2 x's to 1x per day.

My PC was exstatic to hear that.

THANKS for your Guidance I will continue to report.. CoQ10 Works.. :)
kkolk

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:03 pm

kkolk: Add a tri-B complex of B6, B12, Folic Acid. You can find it at a local health food store or on the net. Just one tab daily; they are usually pretty close in content. Don't use a B-complex, it might have B3 which can aggravate the situation a bit. Great to hear of your improvement!!

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby redheadedmary » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 am

Hey Kkolk,
I also hate stronger medications. When I took the supplements, they did seem to help. What helped me most is time. I know that's no fun when your going through it but it took about 6 months or so for my muscles to feel a little better. Right now I am taking the generic form of Neurontin. Its cheap and does help with nerve pain from shingles. Its non-narcotic and non addictive so maybe it would help you too. Hope you feel better.......
redheadedmary

Return to Muscle Pain and Statins