Wow- Vytorin made me trip out on the first dose

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Vytorin and its side effects.

Wow- Vytorin made me trip out on the first dose

Postby tab62 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:40 am

I am one those that cannot use Liptor (muscles being eaten alive) so the doctor had me try Vytorin and hear is the story of a lifetime.

I am 45 years old and in good health expect for my high chlos. I took the medicine just before bedtime and within a few hours I could hear airplanes flying over my house like they were only 10 feet away- each time I would jump out of bed and look for the crashing plane only to see a plane far away. I couldn't sleep all night long due to this weird effect- Now I know what it is like to have 'trip' and owe it all to VYTORIN- thank you very much... :evil:
tab62

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:15 pm

tab62: Both Vytorin and Lipitor contain a form of Statin drug; Vytorin just mixes in Exitimibe (a cholesterol binder that works in the bowel) with Simvastatin. All Statin drugs have a side effect history that includes muscle wasting and neuropathic problems. If you are not taking CoQ10 and Acetyl L-Carnitine to rebuild your muscles and offset the Statin depletion of CoQ10 in your body, you should start. CoQ10 and L-Carnitine are both ESSENTIAL to good cell structure muscle health.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 am

Did you read DEgirl's story about her husband? That was scarey!!!
Cat Mom2

DEgirls story

Postby Buzz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:22 am

I've just joined the forum, having found it only a couple of days ago. Where do I find the story of DEgirls husband? I've been on Vytorin for about 8 months and am considering stopping the drug. I had a heart cath last September, the cardiologist started me on it without checking my cholesterol levels. When I asked him why, he simple stated that because I had a coronary artery nearly blocked, I had 'high cholesterol'. Really amazing. I've asked several times for a cholesterol level, but he will not order one. Maybe my GP will order one when I see him next. I'm planning on starting the vitamins as soon as possible! Takd care all, Buzz. : :(
Buzz

Postby Brian C. » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Welcome to The School Buzz

Don't worry about your cholesterol level, it's the QUALITY, not quantity, that's important.

Brian
Brian C.

Return to Vytorin (Simvastatin and ezetimibe)