Increased cancer deaths with Vytorin use?

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Vytorin and its side effects.

Increased cancer deaths with Vytorin use?

Postby marci » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I just by chance found a July 25, 2008 article from USA Today which discusses the possible relationship between cancer and Vytorin use. There was no mention of any of the other statins. It's on their website- I found it with a generic "statin" search in their site.
marci

Postby vicki » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:10 am

http://www.wellnessresources.com/freedom/articles/vytorin_increases_cancer_risk_by_64/ (the aritcle is here)

Vytorin Increases Cancer Risk by 64%
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - Byron J. Richards, CCN

Vytorin is the Merck and Schering-Plough cholesterol-lowering drug at the center of a major fraud investigation with lawsuits filed by attorney generals across the country. The drug is very good at lowering cholesterol – while it doubles the rate of plaque forming in your arteries. The fact that it is still on the market at all is a testament to the ineptitude of the FDA. Yet, Merck and Schering-Plough keep raking in billions.
vicki

Money always wins over truth

Postby telxpert » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm

I have been there and poison by statin called vytorin. My friend this is almost seven to eight years ago and when I complain to several doctors they treated me like a bad criminal. Doctor intentionally alienated, discriminated and advises me to go away. To ask for help during this time is asking for trouble with doctors that they rather see you dead or shut up. Very mean statement and it’s true that doctors during this time will not help you. If you just suffered presently please tell your story if your treatment are like mine. Yes all the side effects to this day are crippling as I get older. The worst part with this experience is that I don’t trust the medical community that can help or destroy. I hope someday the FDA will do a better job to protect the public and not the big pharma that is only for profits. $$$$$$$$ Twisted Evil
telxpert

Postby telxpert » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am

Pharmaceutical medicine, as practiced today, is a grand medical hoax involving the mainstream media, the FDA, drug companies, medical journals, medical schools and even M.D.s. They've all quietly agreed to do whatever it takes to maximize profits at the expense of public health, regardless of the science or the ethics involved. So-called "evidence-based medicine" has become modern-day quackery. Statin drugs, for example, have now been proven to offer absolutely no medical benefit whatsoever to women, with zero reduction in the risk of heart attacks or strokes. HRT drugs have been scientifically proven to actually cause breast cancer and heart attacks, not prevent them. Antidepressant drugs cause diabetes, and diabetes drugs cause liver damage. I could go on, but you get the point.
telxpert

Return to Vytorin (Simvastatin and ezetimibe)