vytorin-shortness of breath and congestion

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Vytorin and its side effects.

vytorin-shortness of breath and congestion

Postby roy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Hi, I am 60 years old, and have been on Vytorin for about 6 months. I seem to have a lot of throat flem and shortness of breath and it seems like I have throat restrictions since taking Vytorin. I also have started to have my heart skipping beats mostly at night when I lay down to sleep. My doctor is going to put me on a 24 hour heart monitor to see how often this is happening. He did hear it twice while taking my blood pressure. My sex drive has decreased as well. I am thinking of getting off of all statins and hoping for the best. I feel like this drug may be my problem. Has anyone else had simular problems?
roy

Postby Hiness » Tue May 23, 2006 9:09 am

Hi, I think my father's symptoms are all Vytorin related and not new heart problems. I feel like this doctor is trying to kill him! He has a defibrillator and it's been kicking in at night when his heart rhythm is not good and he's been very short of breath. I'm going to make my parents talk to this guy and see if they won't take him off of it!
Hiness

Re: vytorin-shortness of breath & congestion (Reply for

Postby sos_group_owner » Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 am

Hi Roy,

* shortness of breath (throat restrictions)
* heart skipping beats mostly at night when I lay down to sleep
* sex drive has decreased as well

Shortness of breath is a SERIOUS allergic reaction to Vytorin.
Instead of a heart monitor, you should not be taking Vytorin.
Heart skipping beats is referred to "heart palpitations".
Statins do interfere with hormones which affects one's libido.

I find it interesting that only the drug package insert printed in New Zealand mentions the info below.
ww.msd-newzealand.com/content/downloads/VYTORIN_112005_CMI.pdf
Page 2 says, "Do not take Vytorin if: you have shortness of breath.
Page 6 says, "Tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital if you experience shortness of breath.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Return to Vytorin (Simvastatin and ezetimibe)