Vytorin and elevating PSA

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Vytorin and its side effects.

Vytorin and elevating PSA

Postby vasmith1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:52 pm

I took Zocor for many years with no apparent side effect. My Cardiologist put me on Vytorin and now my PSA has jumped significantly(2.7 to 4.5) in one year since being on the drug.
Has anyone else had this experience?
I am seeing a Urologist in 2 weeks and will ask if I should go back to Zocor?
vasmith1

PSA

Postby Clouseau57 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Yes. My PSA jumped from roughly 2.1 to over 6 after taking Vytorin. I had two prostate biopsies performed within 3 years. Both were negative, but prostate 'stones' showed up on ultrasound. Check that out! I have chronic BHP, and take a med for this condition.
Clouseau57

Postby Allen1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi there vasmith1,

I know nothing about "PSA (prostate-specific antigen)" although I am a male and was taking Zocor for many years.

You may not have as yet suffered side effects from taking Zocor but for goodness sake do not tempt fate as that is what you are about to do.

VYTORIN is a prescription tablet containing two medicines, ezetimibe and simvastatin. Simvastatin IS Zocor so you haven't actually stopped taking it yet

Please take a look at what has happened to many poster's on this site from swallowing the magic compound ie STATINS and maybe you will decide to either stop taking them or take the chance that you will be one of the people that it does not effect.

Good luck with your prostate problem and also with the choice about statins.

All the best,

Allen.
Allen1

Return to Vytorin (Simvastatin and ezetimibe)