Leg problems with Statins, especially Vytorin

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Vytorin and its side effects.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Biologist: I didn't ask about Q10 therapy when I saw Dr. Langsjoen last. He feels my condition is greatly improved, as I said, and I plan to continue the 600Mg/day of Q10 until at least my next appt (which, BTW, he pushed out to Oct next year owing to my progress). He did not run a Q10 level test on me this time either. So, one more year on Q10 at the current rate; then I MAY think about reduction.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

reducing Q10

Postby Kathy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:56 pm

My husband tried to reduce some of his supplements. It took less than 24 hours after he cut in half his Q10 and L-Carnitine for him to revert back to a cane, no energy, and excessive pain. None of the other supplements that he eliminated or cut back on had this effect. I am sure he will be on Q10 and L-Carnitine for the rest of his life.
Kathy
Kathy

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks, Kathy. I can only hope that the same will not apply to me. My neck, back, and hips hurt if I miss a day, but that seems to be getting less severe. I'll be happy to stay on the stuff if it means I won't be in pain and exhausted... we'll see in a year or so.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Off of Vytorin and back to being pain free and living again!

Postby Tia » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi,
I was on Vytorin a year and a half, it got to the point I could not walk and I was selling my business because I could not run it anymore. I was a healthy (in the gym 6 days a week) 44 year old before all this happened. But to make this short, I was told about liver cleansings, I was not keen on the idea, but I did not have much to lose. Long story short, after a few cleansings I not only got off of the 2000 mgs of both L-carnitine and co-emzine q10 I was taking, I still have my business and I am back in the gym and walking my head off! I was told I would not heal, damage done, my legs were the strength of an 85 your old (tested by Dr.). Get off the drug and don't give up, do not let the medical companies win! Try a cleansing, it will also lower your cholestral and I averaged wieght loss of 5-10 pounds each time (4-5 day cleansings). I will tell you the pain will come back during the cleansing as it is getting the toxins out of you, but after, you will or should notice a change in your energy level and less pain. I am thankful to this site. Good luck to all of you.
Tia

THE QUISTION IS YOUR DOCTORS ARE

Postby telxpert » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:26 pm

I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE SINCERE WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH VYTORIN THE QUISTION IS YOUR DOCTORS ARE? My name is Joe Baro and I have a very bad experience with VYTORIN 10/20 THAT INJUERD me FOR LIFE. What I hate about my doctor did not stop this evil meds when complaining of side effects. Have to go with another doctor to get a test that my CPK is 210 and hematoma on both of my legs. This poison drug settled with blood on both of my legs that have severe effects this happened in late of 2006. To this date where the hematoma settled is giving severe pain that anyone can imagine. Have been discriminated when I try to get help or test. How did I know that this is happening, DO this have two identical request for a test, one saying that vytorin is the reason and the other just have a test explaining you have pain in that area. That is how I found out that they would lie to your face and charge you for the bill. I have more problems with vytorin but am not going to bore you with the details, just to warn you what is out there that I experience. With these words am not saying that this is rampant but saying that this is my ugly experience. God Bless.

My real name
Joe Baro
My real phone #
702-897-5797 :x
telxpert

Previous

Return to Vytorin (Simvastatin and ezetimibe)