Read my story of healing - Lipitor won't take my life!

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Postby SusieO » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Don't take Red Yeast Rice - it can cause the same problems and so can Niacin!

You posted this on my healing thread - take it to heart and find a healer in your area that you can ask to visit you - IT WORKS!!! Each time I have a minor setback now I call my healer to perform Quantum Touch and by the time she leaves I am back to being strong and healthy.

I lost 30 lbs in the past year, I walk 5.5 miles/day 7 days a week. Last year at this time I could not walk to my mailbox without pain and weakness. I am stronger now and in better health than when I was 21! All my cholestrol and triglyceride problems are a thing of the past. By eating smarter and exercising I don't need the poison of statins!
SusieO

Postby hampton » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I know I've been on a statin since living in Miami between 1985 to 1989. On Lipitor the longest.
Never realized where all the pain was coming from. Felt better after being off for 2 years 1996 to 1998. Then again until 2006.

Feeling better than I did, but have a long way to go.

Darrell, I am not certain what I took before the Lipitor. But I know I've been on cholesterol lowering drugs since then.
also see the following regarding the discovery of statins.
Just googled the time/date line....

*http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/July2002/StatinInduced8.htm

July 8, 2002

STATIN-INDUCED CARDIOMYOPATHY

INTRODUCTION TO THE CITIZEN’S PETITION ON STATINS

By Peter H. Langsjoen, MD

The medical profession has, after more than 30 years of excellent propaganda, successfully created the wholly iatrogenic - "pseudo-disease" dubbed "hypercholesterolemia" and the associated malady "cholesterol neurosis". After decades of dismal failure to cure this "disease" of numbers with low fat diets and a host of cholesterol lowering drugs, the medical profession stumbled upon the magic bullet, the cure for this dreaded artificial disease - statins (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors).[b]released on the US market in 1987[/b] First , statins have rapidly grown into one of the most widely prescribed class of drugs in history. Statins do three things:

1. They block the body's ability to make cholesterol, thus lowering the blood level of cholesterol, thereby curing cholesterol neurosis. Doctors and patients equally neurotic have immediate gratification. The "evil" high cholesterol has been dramatically lowered and the future is bright and promising. So far...so good.

2. Unrelated to their cholesterol lowering, statins have been found to have anti-inflammatory, plaque-stabilizing properties which have a slight benefit in coronary heart disease.

3. Statins kill people - lots of people - and they wound many, many more. All patients taking statins become depleted in Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), eventually - those patients who start with a relatively low CoQ10 levels (the elderly and patients with heart failure) begin to manifest signs/symptoms of CoQ10 deficiency relatively rapidly - in 6 to 12 months. (usually with normal muscle enzyme CPK tests) and most ominously - heart failure.[b][/b][color=green][/color][color=green][/color]
hampton

Postby hampton » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:45 pm

been walking for a few months 15 minutes at break and 15 minutes of my 30 minute lunch. Before I had not been able to walk up the stairs to the next floor for 6-7 year. Now I take the steps, to prevent another dvt. Walking the dog at night after work. 30 minutes.
Talked with my doc, who supports being off the statins, will begin to do light light weights.
Thanks for the heads up with red rice yeast.
hampton

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm

hampton: I assume, since you have pulled Dr. Langsjoen's papers, you are taking CoQ10?

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby hampton » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:31 am

No I haven't. I was looking for a statin timeline. I have been on statins since the mid to late eighties, just didn't remember that I took another product prior to Lipitor.

I'm not familiar with anyones work. I didn't even realize that this type of research existed until 2 days ago.
I've been in pain for so long, but my liver values were always good until I was hospitalized 1 1/2 years ago.
During the trial of various other meds, is when it became clear I could not take others because of liver values or pain.

I am still hurting every day all day. Markedly less than when on the products. I am rigid and have difficulty walking. Getting up out of a chair is like I've been frozen then hobble along. The longer I walk the better I feel. So that's what I try to do.

I was told to take them anyway even 4 months ago, and just begin pain management, if the liver values are ok, due to the heart disease risk in my family.

Not doing it. Now that I've found this information, there is no way that I'd take these drugs again.

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do and read
hampton

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am

hampton: CoQ10 is a naturally occurring element in the body which Statins deplete to the point of physical damage, especially in the muscle tissue. You can order it off the internet at various sites. L-Carnitine is another naturally occurring element which aids muscle function and you can order it in supplement form also. GoNSI is one site and epic4health is another where you can order online, but there are many more, and stores like Walmart sell it as well (though I HIGHLY recommend the online sites). If you are having any trouble with any of this, please feel free to email me personally; I'll walk you through it. It's important you feed your damaged body what it needs now; very important!

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby adec » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:03 pm

I agree with you cjbrooksjc, and hope hampton reads your message, and takes you up on your generous offer. Yes, CoQ10... ASAP, and L-carnitine or acetyl-L-carnitine.... stat. :)
adec

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:11 pm

adec: Yup! Often I fear the new person signing up is perhaps alone, mentally and physically diminished, and not sure just how to proceed, or not quite able, under the terrible effect of statins, to digest all this information and form an attack plan. These @%@% drugs are so #$%#$ damaging!

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby webito » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Hello Adec
Can you please give your opininin on this?
I've been on crestor for 4 months and then on litpitor for 2 month. On october 07 I stopped because i had severe cramps and joints pain.It's been 4 month now and things did not get any better, voice, speech,pronouciation, swallowing problems started but my biggest worry is the muscle wasting that does not seem to stop. My last 3 ck levels were elevated and my levo carnitine level was normal. Iam taking 1500 mg per day of Q10 and that is helpng me a lot. I am losing about 1 lb per week ,mostly muscle but my belly grows no matter how much I eat .
Since my carnitine level is ok, would it help me to take L-carnitine ?

Thank you in advance
________
[URL=http://trichomes.org]marijuana pictures[/URL]
Last edited by webito on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
webito

Postby Ray Holder » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Webito
sorry to butt in here, but if you are losing weight and adding body fat, I would suggest that your muscles are unable to have access to fat, due to carnitine need, so use their own protein in an attempt to fuel the demands you put on them, and the fat, not being taken up for energy use, just accumulates.

I think, I remember reading somewhen, that it is difficult to measure tissue levels of carnitine, and blood levels do not always reflect tissue levels.

There was a trial in Italy recently of giving carnitine to centenarians, and those of their number who were so treated lost fat, and gained muscle mass
significantly. I hope it works for you (I was not implying that you are of geeat age!!!!)

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby webito » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello Ray
I hope you are right
Thank you
________
[URL=http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer]buy extreme vaporizer[/URL]
Last edited by webito on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
webito

Postby eers » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Susie,

If you still have all that information available, could you email that out to me at: isthatspam@yahoo.com whenever you can?

I happen to live in Atlanta so I am hoping that you also being in Georgia would enable me to possibly see some of the same people you were (or still are) seeing. If you could pass on their names and contact info I'd be very grateful. Especially talking to someone who doesn't need to be convinced of statin damage would be a load off of my chest.

Thanks again & Take care,

eers
eers

Postby SusieO » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:21 pm

eers I sent you an email with the needed information to reach my wellness doctor in Columbus, GA. I wish you all the best!!!
SusieO

Previous

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)