HURRAH!!! US sales of Lipitod down 20% in latest quarter

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

HURRAH!!! US sales of Lipitod down 20% in latest quarter

Postby Ray Holder » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Pfizer's latest quarterly company report stated that their sales of Lipitor were down by 20% in US, and 13% worldwide compared to last year

That's a whole lot of people spared side effects problems.

Long may the drop continue !!!

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Ray Holder » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:13 pm

Sorry, I didn't spot the spelling mistake in the title. Of course it should read Lipitor, it didn't come up in the preview.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:19 pm

Ray: Thanks! That IS great news! I can hear the trailer music from "JAWS" again: da dum, da dum, da dum da dum da dum... :twisted:

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Re: HURRAH!!! US sales of Lipitod down 20% in latest quarter

Postby SusieO » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Yahoo...you sure gave us some GREAT news Ray! May the drop continue!
SusieO

Postby xrn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Perhaps THINCS is having some impact at last. I can foresee that some clinicians will be most unhappy about prescribing a course of treatment that may lead to them appearing as a defendent in a class legal action.

I wander if some medics are getting a little nervous about the patients who are pitching up at their practices and refusing to take statins. There does seem to be a compliance issue and only now are clinicians beginning to take some notice.

I don't suppose that we will reach a critical mass of public opinion just yet but it cannot be far away. The forthcoming TV programme that will examine both statins and cholesterol, will help to focus public attention on the salient issues.

Kind regards, SusieO

xrn

I am still investigating the class action against Pfizer and Lipitor. I will keep you posted.
xrn

Postby Biologist » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Best news I've heard in a long time.

Thanks, Ray!

Bioligist
Biologist

Postby Biologist » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Ray, spelling mistakes are on the rise these days it would seem... :)

Bioligist = Biologist
Biologist

Postby bucho » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 pm

Ray, thanks for this "Ray of light" in today's forum. BTW, I owe you big thanks also for your stewardship on the L-carnitine front. A couple months ago I stepped up to 400 mg acetyl-L-carnitine 3x daily and wow what a difference it makes! Gone are muscle pains that have dogged me for years (to the point that I was hunched up in pain during my last full year on zocor). Even my worst shoulder/neck problems from zocor (which included limited range of motion, almost like a "blockage" or tumor between the shoulders), are gone. I haven't had a muscle injury in months. In fact, it now seems that I can't injure a muscle even if I try. Incredible!
bucho

Postby Brian C. » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:11 am

What cheering news on a dull, wet day!
Thanks for that encouraging news Ray, it's put a big grin on my face :D
Hitting 'em where it hurts.
I would NEVER buy shares in a pharmaceutical co. Hope that sector plunges to Hades
SELL! SELL! SELL! :lol:

But then, it's probably only down due to competition from generic statins rather than from decreasing prescriptions overall :(

Way to go yet....

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)