Shocked

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Shocked

Postby Twin61 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:08 am

Hello to everybody :D

I am a male, living in the Nethelands, my age is 45 years.

When i was 39 years old i go a unstable agina pectoris, so i was in the hospital, provided with a stent and they flattened the bulb of fat in my artery, don't know the direct english word for it.

After that, a lot of medicine, one is lipitor 40.
Every day i took one, but lately (6-8 months now) i was feeling so tyred, i guess its from old age, but even my wife said, this is not normal.

this weekend i was working in the garden, i transported 32 stone tiles size 50 cm X 50 cm to a other place and i was bushed for the whole day.
So tyred, pain in my muscles.

this weekend, while resting, i was surfing the internet and saw a dutch site about atorvastatine.
From 1 came the other and i found this forum, i registered and while waiting confirmation i read some articles and surfed the internet some more.

Al these time, i was thinking, these pains, its your age, your becoming old.

I felled for a long time these pains, not knowing what to do.
For me it was clear, this medicine i am using for 7 years now, this must something to do with it :x

Today, i went to my doctor, he is a good one, one you can talk with.
I told him i wanted to stop with atorvastatine 40, instead i wanted to use Policosanol, a natural medicine.
He suggested to stop with atorvastatine first, after four weeks a check for my cholesterol and if necessary begin with Policosanol.
I agreed with him :D

Are there more natural medicine who could replace atorvastatine ?

Regards, Twin61
Twin61

Postby Samuel Joe snr. » Mon May 07, 2007 9:35 am

Hi twin61 I have similar side effects and have stopped after 7 years of Lipitol and the pains etc have almost disappeared and i feel much fitter. Keep on checking with your doctor best of luck Sam
Samuel Joe snr.

Postby Ray Holder » Mon May 07, 2007 9:51 am

Hello Twin 61, and welcome

I believe that you should take some Coenzyme Q10 to help overcome the weakness that the lipitor has caused, the reduction of CoQ10 by taking Lipitor has made your body effectively older than it actually is, and you should build your CoQ10 level back up to its normal level as soon as possible to avoid the effects becoming permanent.

It has very probably reduced your body's carnitine supply, necessary for turning fat into muscle energy, making you feel very tired, and some supplementary LCarnitine will probably help to avoid muscle wastage due to your muscles being partially starved without having a large part of their energy needs.

The dose of CoQ10 should be about 200 mg a day for a start, you will soon see if it is doing you good, it is not cheap , I need 600 mg a day, but I am nearly twice your age !! so more won't hurt you, but too much only goes to waste.

LCarnitine dosage needs to be built up gradually, starting with about 500 mg daily, first thing in th morning, and increasing after 3 or 4 days by another 500 mg, and so on, but too much too soon may give you diarrhoea. Again, it is not cheap, so if you find a dosage which gives you some benefit, keep at that level for a while, then perhaps try a little more to see if you really need more.

I don't know what is available in Holland, I use Pharmanord Q10, they also make Carnitine, and their products are really good quality, but you may find cheaper carnitine in a powder form, not easy to get in UK.

I can't really advise you on cholesterol lowering with a stent, the B vitamins used for reducing homocysteine should help, and Q10 should prevent LDL cholesterol becoming oxidised.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Twin61 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:07 pm

i already use q10 30 mg (started today) and fish oil tablets.
Both 1 a day
Perhaps 1 should take more iguess, i am 6 foot 4 and 19,5 stone.
Twin61

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon May 07, 2007 12:18 pm

twin61: 2 to 3 grams of Vitamin C daily has been shown to reduce cholesterol. Take it with meals. You can take more of you wish, but it can cause rectal itching and loose stool if you take too much. I'll find a couple sites for you to read and post back later. Welcome to the group.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon May 07, 2007 12:43 pm

twin61: Here is one site where you can find Vit C info. I'll include a 'copied and pasted' segment below for you to read now, and I will put the original URL at the end of the note. If you Google: VITAMIN C + CHOLESTEROL I'm sure you will find all you want to read about the subject.

*****************************COPY & PASTE BEGINS HERE********************************

A safe, natural regimen instead of Lipitor and other statins

What is most horrifying about this problem is that cholesterol balance can be achieved without drugs, simply and safely by taking 3000-6000 milligrams of vitamin C per day, 1000-2000 mg per meal, for an adult, or about 500 mg per meal for a 50-lb. child, with sufficient water intake, 2 quarts per day for an adult, 1 quart per day for a 50-lb. child. Unfortunately, vitamin C was misclassified as a micronutrient in the 1930s and 1940s, rather than an essential nutrient involved in dozens of body processes, including continual repair of our arteries. Our health authorities recommend that we take only 60 milligrams per day, barely enough to prevent scurvy. The pharmaceutical industry has used scare tactics to frighten people not to take vitamin C in the quantities necessary for health or to give it to their children.

By the time we reach age 20 we have accumulated enough plaques to be seen on an MRI or Ultrafast CT scan: we have the beginnings of cardiovascular disease. When most people reach middle age they have enough coronary artery blockage to be classified as cardiovascular disease. The doctor prescribes Lipitor, thinking it will help, but instead it may cause muscle degeneration in the heart and elsewhere and actually increase coronary artery plaques.

If you do not suffer from statin-induced damage but you would like to stop taking these potentially dangerous drugs, or you have elevated cholesterol levels or have heart disease, you can click here (not really - you have to go to the site shown below) to read the article on the root causes of heart disease, or click here (see site below) to order the Natural Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease.

Recovery from Lipitor-induced damage

Considering the wide range of cellular degeneration that could result from use of Lipitor and other statins, it is impossible to know which organ system should be the initial focus of recovery. The very first thing that people can do is to begin taking large doses of vitamin C to maintain cholesterol balance, and to stop taking Lipitor or other statin drugs. The so-called "side effects" are simply too dangerous and numerous to contemplate continuing taking them.

Jonathan Campbell, the author of this article, has developed multi-faceted regimen to address the cellular damage that could be caused by statin drugs and has written a manual called Natural Strategies for Recovery from Lipitor and Other Statin drugs.

********************************COPY & PASTE ENDS HERE******************************

The site is found at the following url:

*http://www.cqs.com/lipitor.htm

Twin61: Remove the * before you cut and paste it into your browser

Finally, you are BLESSED to have a Dr. you can talk with!

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)