Lipitor & Neuropathy?

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Update... Back from Europe

Postby poohhel » Fri May 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Hello everyone~ I am back from Europe and had a wonderful time. I actually did rather well. I did not let my ailments get in my way and I walked like I have not walked in months. The roughest day was when we went to Dover Castle... the steep inclines and multiple stairs, but I did it anyway and managed. I was quite drained and tired but nothing a good night sleep didn't cure. The best thing of all was that I did not have to take pain killers very often; in fact, I only took a pain killer at night to help me sleep. I danced a couple dances with my hubby... just enough to show off what we had learned. I am surprised and impressed with how much walking I actually managed to do with very little pain... when it did get a little painful, I sat had a nice cup of cappucino or red wine to rest and then back on my feet again ... Overall I would have to rate my daily pain level at a 1 1/2 to a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being really bad and 1 being almost obsolete.

The 11 hour flight was not good... I had so much swelling in my ankles and feet even though I got up and walked every hour or so... it took a few days for the swelling to subside. But it still didn't keep me down. Coming back I had the same results only a bit less severe.. today my feet and ankles are still swollen.

Well I have to run an urgent errand for my daughter, I will finish up with my comments tomorrow...
poohhel

Postby poohhel » Sat May 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Finishing my post from yesterday... My trip to Europe ...

Today I am still experiencing quite a bit of swelling in my calfs, ankles, and feet. They resemble a glove that has been blown up, but I still have lots of energy despite seasonal allergies to pollen and fresh cut grass.

I must add clarity to my previous post...when I spoke of my pain level... don't misunderstand, I did have some pain but the excitement of my travels let me set my pains aside and have a good time. I did allow my self recoup time between the port of calls. I went to bed at night whilst my friends partied into the wee hours of the morning, haha.

This week I go see the lab for an MRI on my c-spine and l-spine, still in an attempt to determine what is causing the perpherial neuropathy in my arms, hands, butt, legs, and feet ... my neurologist suspects there is more than the pinched nerves. I am also to start physical therapy, so I can find safe ways to exercise and start losing some of this new found weight.

Today is 2 months since I quit statins... I have not noticed any positive changes yet... but I am confident I will in time.

xrn: we did not go into London after all-- the time at port was too short to have time to experience London -- we did go to Dover, Rye, and Canterbury. . . and oh how beautiful.
poohhel

Postby catspajamas » Sat May 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Put some support hose on those swollen legs...will help...you should of worn them on the plane...remember that next time...helps the circulation...when you have to sit a long time.....
Hope you see improvement much faster than I didn...my muscles I would say are normal for a 68 yr old after 5 years off statins but the pn in my feet is the same(if not worse).....
catspajamas

Postby Biologist » Sat May 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Real good to hear it, poohhel. In all honesty, I was not expecting such a good turnout. You pulled it off. A positive attitute, determination and good planning paid off!

Biologist
Biologist

Postby poohhel » Sat May 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Catspajamas: I actually did wear support hose on the plane but as soon as I took them off the swelling set in... I do hope my doctors find a cure for the pn but I seem to be getting used to the feeling. Occasionally it flares to greater intensity and becomes bothersome, but I try to ignore it!
poohhel

Postby poohhel » Sat May 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Biologist: Thanks :) I have to admit I too was skeptical... I was afraid of not being able to hang and being a burden on everyone... but fortunately things did work out.
poohhel

Postby carbuffmom » Sun May 27, 2007 8:33 am

Congrats, poohhel! So glad you had a good time and were able to keep going. Sounds like you had a great time. My daughter got married on the 12th. She had a big wedding. I made it to 3 a.m. and even did some dancing. Sometimes when you set your mind---you can do anything. Therefore, I say, we are all strong and we will all get better.
DEB
carbuffmom

Previous

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)