EZETROL and LIPITOR

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

EZETROL and LIPITOR

Postby debbie » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi I would like to tell you my experience with Lipitor.
I have tingling and pins and needles on my left side that is continuous.
some pain in my left arm and legs.
I was fine before starting this statin 3 months ago. at my last blood test my cholesterol was brought down to 5 and my LDL were 3.1
I thought as my original reading was 10 bringing it down to 5 was good but the doc added 10 mg of EZETROL along with the 40 mg of lipitor and thats when I started having these problems.
EZETROL is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor that works in the gut.

I must tell you For the last 2 months I follow a strict vegan diet which means for me no meat,fish,dairy or eggs as well as no vegetable oils of any kind I started this to bring down my cholesterol naturally and
My b12 is good.
So as i am eating no cholesterol i wondered why he prescribed EZETROL on top of a high dose of Lipitor.
After reading on this site I find other people with left side neuropathy .
with the exact symptoms I have been displaying.
I have thrown out all my statins, I hope the pins and needles go away as I feel like I am ready to have a stroke.
debbie

Postby catspajamas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 pm

It is really strange but the damage I had was all on the left side...muscles and nerves....wonder why?
catspajamas

Postby Cat Mom2 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 am

I have been off for almost a year and NOW, my left side is being effected, shoulder, arm, neck, and back. I never had that while I was on it. I have also noticed that some days my legs are so weak that I can hardly walk.

Just when I think I am doing better, something else pops up! :roll:
Cat Mom2

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Debbie: If you are not taking Coenzyme Q10, start immediately! Your dietary habits as outlined in your post are eliminating alomst all potential sources of this ESSENTIAL element which, from all indications, is the primary cause of most Statin induced problems as Statins inhibit the production of CoQ10 by the liver. Include L Carnitine as a supplement as well as it will help your cells absorb fatty acids needed for fuel and proper function. Please do this now. It will take a few days/weeks before you feel the effects, but your body should begin to repair as soon as you begin. It is an historical medical fact, based on scientific research, that heart attack victims and cancer victims very often display severe CoQ10 depletion. Read some of the other posts and make your own decisions; of course, but don't wait to act.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)