In ability to sleep

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

In ability to sleep

Postby jimhodges » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:14 am

My wife was just put on Lipitor and complains of the inability to sleep and increased pulse rate at night. Is this a by product of using Lipitor?
jimhodges

Postby Jhart320 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:25 am

I couldn't sleep when I was on lipitor either. It is a side effect for sure.

Joy
________
[URL=http://roorbongs.org]Roor Bong Pictures[/URL]
Last edited by Jhart320 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhart320

Re: In ability to sleep

Postby Cindy54NC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:11 pm

[quote="jimhodges"]My wife was just put on Lipitor and complains of the inability to sleep and increased pulse rate at night. Is this a by product of using Lipitor?[/quote]There's a page on irregular heart rates also caused by statins.
Cindy54NC

Postby Dee » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:00 am

Pravachol caused severe sleep apnea for me...it seemed to come with the other muscle failure symptoms. I have since talked to others that have been DX with sleep apnea after starting statins.
Dee

Postby JIMNSC » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 am

I didn't sleep well when I took Lipitor either but the problem continued after I quit taking it also (about a month now). One of the supplements I take is Niacin (500mg non-flushing) and I was taking it in the mornings with other supplements until I read an article somewhere that said Niacin would aid in sleeping.

Long story short, I started taking it in the evenings just to see for myself and low and behold, I have been sleeping much better. This has been going on about 4 nights now but don't let me excite you - it could be a fluke. I'll keep you posted though. Last night I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at my usual 5 am. First time I've had that much sleep at one time in years.

Jim
JIMNSC

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)