A new combination Lipitor?

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

A new combination Lipitor?

Postby spacedoc » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:43 pm

It has been brought to my attention that Pfizer is planning a new combination of Lipitor and Zetia, in essence copying the recent marketing strategy of a sister drug company combining Zetia with Zocor, thereby yielding Vytorin. Readers might be interested to learn that over the past six months Vytorin has achieved the dubious distinction of causing the majority of patient adverse reports. Fully 60% of the side effect letters I now receive are associatd with Vytorin use. The side effects range from cognitive and affective to muscle aches and pains to neuropathies. In my judgment, when Pfizer does this, it will be a huge step backwards for the public.
spacedoc

Lipitor

Postby cardiaccure » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:33 pm

Doesnt surprise anyone I suspose. I guess as long as they continue to make money the cost on our lives will be just a side effect for the pharmacueticals.
cardiaccure

Coincidence

Postby JIMNSC » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:20 pm

Hi Spacedoc - I just 10 minutes ago sent you an e-mail (before I registered here) telling you about the problems I had several weeks ago when my doctor added Zetia to Lipitor. I won't repeat myself here but coincidence - there's the post about Zetia being added to another statin drug and the adverse effects reported by the users.

I will repeat this however, I told you in my e-mail that I was "definitely" going to stop taking Lipitor after having taken it for about 5 years. I then asked the best, safest way to discontinue taking it. I was afraid if I stopped taking 40MG suddenly there may just be adverse reaction(s).

Tickled I found (and joined) your forum.

Jim
JIMNSC

Postby cardiaccure » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:31 pm

JIMNSC

The private message board thing doesnt work on this board, which is dissapointing but I can be quite in depth about VitaminC and other supplements to help with natural statins and overall health. You can email me at skirby326@gmail.com
cardiaccure

Postby dogteacher » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:24 pm

JIMNSC

I had been on 20mg Lipitor for 8 years until last spring (see my previous post, somewhere on this page). My 'numbers' didn't satisfy my cardiologist, so he increased the Lipitor to 40mg and added 10mg Zetia. In Sept. my blood test showed all 'numbers' were finally where they were 'supposed to be'. One month later I started having muscle pain and weakness. My GP took me off the meds cold turkey, no adverse reactions. I, too, have seen the new TV ads for Pfizer's latest brainstorm. I don't know how they can live with themselves. :evil:
dogteacher

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)