LIPITOR TRIALS FOR ALS PATIENTS

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

LIPITOR TRIALS FOR ALS PATIENTS

Postby Linda Paulhus » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:49 pm

I am urging all of you to register for ALS/TDF.org in Boston. Numerous ALS patients are questioning the correlation between statin drugs and their ALS diagnosis. They are are being given erroneous information by the moderator. Anyone [PALS or family members] who challenge that information is blocked from the site.

The reason?? With all of the funding from communtiy members as well as grants to find a cure?---they have made a decision to conduct a clinical trial PRESCRIBING LIPITOR. Help all of us save lives by registering on this site.

I personally have received scores of comments from ALS patients who had no symptoms of neuromuscular disorders until Lipitor was prescribed.

Linda Paulhus [Massachusetts]
{www.alsalternative.com}
Linda Paulhus

Postby carbuffmom » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:47 am

Hi Linda:

Do you want us to register on the forum? I am a bit confused. Do they intend to give Lipitor to ALS patients??!! I have a preliminary diagnosis of ALS. I am 49 years old and I took Zocor and then Vytorin for 13 years. I was always healthy and athletic until the introduction of Vytorin into my system. I believe statin drugs gave me these ALS symptoms. Would it help for me to register? Thanks
carbuffmom

ALS/LIPITOR TRIALS

Postby Linda Paulhus » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:28 am

It is crucial that as many ALS patients [with a history of prescribed Liptior] register on the site. Many of us, both PALS and caretakers are attempting to block the trials. They continue to block us from the site. What is their purpose? The patients or the drug companies?

With the liver damage and dx of ALS with hundreds of patients, there will be those who do not have your background information. They are already alleging the statins are safe. Desperate people will sometimes buy into anything. Statins should be removed from the market. Liver tests will not indicate a "problem" until stage 4. The symptoms may prevail for years prior to anything showing up on tests.

ALS is simply liver disease. The causes are different from patient to patient. However, neurologists never blood test for those reasons. The liver balances the hormones, absorbs fluids and nutrients, and eliminates waste. When damaged, these crucial tasks cannot be performed.

Linda
Linda Paulhus

Postby adec » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:43 am

Sounds to me as if you're saying, anything lowering homocysteine levels might be a help: inositol, curcumin, betaine (TMG,) milk thistle etc. BTW, what's the link for the site. I've tried [http://www.als-tdf.org/] without much success.
adec

ALS RESEARCH LAB

Postby Linda Paulhus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:39 pm

You can access the site through: ALS/TDF.ORG.

The use of supplements of elevated homcysteine levels will only keep the problem at bay [will not reduce the levels]. Either inflammation from plaque or toxic substances blocking the liver will cause elevated homocysteine levels.

We use a combination of E.D.T.A. and N.A.C. in an oral chelator called MRM. It is very, very, inexpensive and highly effective. Once you are able to process waste through the liver, the homcysteine levels begin to drop.

Also for those having symptoms of "brain fog"; there is a reason.
The Wall Street Journal-2/01/02-"According to the article, cholesterol is the most common molecule in the brain. Some researchers theorize that blocking cholesterol production, as statins do, interferes with the brain's performance and causes muddied thinking and memory loss. Peter Lansjoen, M.D., Tyler Texas.
Linda Paulhus

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)