Familial Hypercholestrolemia & Lipitor 80mg

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Familial Hypercholestrolemia & Lipitor 80mg

Postby Brian C. » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:17 am

Hello. I'm a 62 year old male diagnosed with Familial Hypercholestrolemia 19 years ago, inherited from my father who died of a coronary thrombosis shortly before his 50th birthday. I am taking 80mg of Lipitor daily, along with six sachets of Questran and 75mg aspirin. My cholestrol level has been held at normal levels and I am still alive! However I can hardly claim that the Force is strong in me, having poor physical, mental and emotional stamina along with regular memory glitches. Currently I feel as though I am a denizen of a foggy bog!

I have only recently discovered Dr Graveline's site although I have been aware of the Q-10 deficiency problem for some years and have been taking 180mg in capsule form daily.

What are the experiences and findings of other FH sufferers?
Is there a clear strategy we should adopt over and above that for the majority of Lipitor users?

Thank you.

Brian Clark.
Brian C.

Look at this.

Postby Realfooddude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:51 pm

At this link you will find data that supports you are no more likely to have a heart attack and can live just as long as those who don't have FH. Plus cholesterol lp levels are markers not risk factors. They are secondary to the real problem. For example: High stress is a know risk factor for CHD and will raise cholesterol so reducing stress or finding ways to better deal with it will reduce the risk. Lowering cholesterol will not address the cause. Lp levels can indicate a problem or be completely innocent. High amounts of polyunsaturated fat which is rich in omega 6 fatty acids and little or no omega 3 is also bad news. The best and safest source of omega 3 with derivatives DHA and EPA is cod liver oil. CLO makes the arteries more flexable. This can also mean lower BP. Other benefits are in , bone, skin, central nevious system, liver, and immune system. Plus the Vitamin A and D are powerful anti-oxidants. CLO is one of the cheapest of all supplements. More bang for the buck. Only in the summer months if you get lots of sun would you need to be cautious about the vitamin D. Getting vitamin D levels tested in this case would be needed. Since mercury is water soluble it is not found in CLO where fish oil is not safe unless it is tested for mercury and PCBs.
[http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm]
Realfooddude

Postby Brian C. » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:58 am

Thank you for that link. I have ordered a copy of Dr Ravnskov's book. Certainly what I have read so far both here and elsewhere suggests I need seriously reconsider the advice of my GP. He is also on Lipitor and I told him about the need to supplement with Q-10.
He was unaware :!:

Brian Clark.
Brian C.

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)