you piqued my interest - is this what is wrong?

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Postby SomewhereNTexas » Wed May 30, 2007 8:21 am

sorry here I am babbling again - thought of more I should tell you...

first of all - Blue Emu Oil - really really helps my painful muscles - you rub it in and can get it at Walmart - i suggest anyone with muscle cramps and spasms should give it a try...

Also, the very good news is that in order to get the surgery I had to see a cardiologist - and they did some very thorough testing - and found absolutely no problems with my heart - including NO blockage - which means why the hell did they give me lipitor in the first place?? hehehe never mind we know why... Since I had a murmmer all of my life and my Dad died of a heart attack in his forties - I was very very relieved to know my heart did not suffer any apparent damage from the lipitor!
SomewhereNTexas

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed May 30, 2007 9:46 am

SNT: Here is a paste/copy reply from another thread. This phys. is a reliable Statin opponent. take other vitamins (except E) as you see fit and Acetyl -Carniotine in doses you can tolerate - about 1000 mg daily or so

By all means, raise the CoQ10 to the highest level tolerated. You can lower it later as your health improves; it won't hurt you. A CoQ10 supplier recommended to me by my Dr. is: Jarrow QH absorb. It comes in 100mg liquicaps (w/ small amount of Vit E) and is available on *www.iherb.com. My Dr. recommended two caps with meals (3 X day). He also said take it easy on Vit E supplements if you are taking them; too much Vit E competes for resources with CoQ10. Also recommended is Vitamin D - a couple grams each week should do. Selenium - 200 mcg/day is a recommended dosage.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 am

SNT: I forgot to mention: if you take a lot of CoQ10 you MUST monitor your BP; esp. if you are already taking a BP med. CoQ10 tends to lower the BP. You might be able to cut your BP meds down or eliminate them while taking CoQ10.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Biologist » Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Brooks,

You know that is kind of interesting about the blood pressure lowering. You can just bet that doctors are never told to use IT for BP problems, even marginal ones, because they would compete with the moneymakers! Plus, additional Q is likely needed for optimal health for anyone over 40 anyway -- another reason it should be recommended, but is not.

I may do some experiments with my BP machine. It has "electronic records" of all my old readings from months ago. I may see if the trend is lower now that I am doing two grams of CoQ10 per a day.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby SomewhereNTexas » Thu May 31, 2007 7:19 pm

:roll:
SomewhereNTexas

Postby SomewhereNTexas » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:10 pm

well here it is another year and i still have a lot of pain in my arm and have no strength in it -- all the physical therapy in the world isnt seeming to make any difference where building up the muscle is concerned.

not sure what to try now ...
SomewhereNTexas

Previous

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)