Bruising

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Bruising

Postby Kay » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:57 pm

My older brother had terrible bruising on his arms and wondered if it could be the Lipitor. He has since went off of it (against his doctor's advice - imagine that) and the bruising has cleared up.
Has anyone experienced this?
Kay

Blood bruising and regular bruising- oh yes

Postby bunnylady » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:02 am

Yes I have terrile bruising to the point blood pools under the skin- I have a terrible time with small scrapes that won't heal-

My two dentists have mentioned my arms- and I tell everyone its the Lipitor- I use EMU oil on them and arms sleeves from time to time- they are so ugly - I want them to go away
bunnylady

Pictures of brusing

Postby bunnylady » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:53 pm

http://www.ssb8.net/members/watch/userimages/35268/thm_newest_pics_005.jpg

these are what my arms looks like after Liptor (14 mo) and Crestor (3 days)- this is a good day!
bunnylady

Postby shadoww » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:57 pm

I've had the same thing on both my arms too. Mostly on the left as a result as doing something as simple and easy as scratching an itch with my right hand, on my left forearm. Over the past few years (been on the statins at the same time, imagine that!) my skin has gotten steadily worse, very very dry and sensitive. As I did with anything else I chalked it up to getting older and just "the way my skin was".

Last week at the dr. I showed them to the physician assistant. She called them "Petechiae", pronounced "puh-TEE-key-eye". She is very strong on every ailment being something to do with thyroidism, and said the dry skin and the Petechiae could be from that. Never once telling me that it could possibly be from the statins. The very reason I was sitting there in her office.

The couple of times I've done that to my arms simply by just scratching an itch, I was shocked at the results. It wasn't like I did a way overboard type of scratch, it was just a normal scratching of an itch. My dog has also done that to me, but I can understand that part of it. But just to casually scratch a dry skin itch on your arm is ridiculous!

I just try and keep them lubricated as much as I can with lotions and dry skin creams. Don't know much else to do with them at this point.
shadoww

Postby bunnylady » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Yep my doctor put me down for having those on my arm- I said doc its as simple as hitting a little corner or scratching myself-

some people are getting these on their faces- but I am embarrassed by my arms

try EMU oil- its been very healing for the dryness andthe little rips and tears
bunnylady

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)