Lipitor

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Lipitor

Postby budleighty » Fri May 12, 2006 6:36 am

I just lost my job due to being to tired all the time. I drive a truck for living and I have been taking Lipitor 80mgs for well over a year. Last Monday I got really sick and lost my grip getting out of the truck and fell to the ground. I went and seen my doctor the the day after and told him how I felt and he woundn't openly admint that it was the lipitor. But he did take me off it. The company I worked for let me go because I have had not been able to drive the needed miles to do 5 runs aweek. Since my heart attack least july 19, 2005 we have been battling with keeping up our bills. Now I'm in fear of losing my home. Is there any help out there because there is nothing here. I made to much money for local government help. Let me know. Thanks :(
budleighty

Postby queenphoton » Sun May 14, 2006 6:26 pm

It would be nice if the Dr. could/would explain to you employer the side affects of Lipitor. I feel that you could hire an attorney, easier said than done money wise, and fight for your job back. The bad part is the time it takes for all of this.
Do you feel better since being off of Lipitor? Have you contacted University of California San Diego about there statin studies.
They may be able to help
good luck
queenphoton

Thanks

Postby budleighty » Mon May 15, 2006 6:45 am

I could not afford a lawyer. I have had every side effect of lipitor. I have been off it for 6 days, still not feeling much better. I go to the VA and they are running alot of tests which I think is dumb for a coupe of them. Personaly I don't want to go back to truck driving over the road. I'm seeing a shrink now cause thats where I had had my heart attack. It was in A small yown at at a little truck stop. There were no near by hospitals, but I didn't even think it was a heart attack. I found that out when I got home and a friend made me goto hospital. But back to the lipitor, I can hardly walk around my legs hurt so bad. I was already on pericet for back because I have 7 disks out. We have had so much happen to us this last year we can't even get out bills caught up. If this last bout with the lipitor wound not have happened we would have made it but lately it seems it's just one thing after another. My family needs some finacial help very bad. The welfare most likely will give us food stamps but no cash help. If you have a link to this place you are talking about please send it to me and I will contact them with all problems I'm having with lipitor. I'm praying that I don't have any perment damage to anything. Thanks Gary :(
budleighty

UCSD

Postby budleighty » Mon May 15, 2006 6:53 am

I was going to email them but their contact links don't work??? :(
budleighty

lipitor

Postby eml256 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:31 am

try the email: bgolomb@ucsd.edu

that is the address for dr. beatrice golomb, chief researcher on the statin study. someone from the study will get back to you. best of luck to you.
eml256

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)