Lipitor & Syncope?

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Lipitor & Syncope?

Postby oldbike » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:50 am

I recently had a severe bicycle accident that I believe was a result of syncope (basically passing out). I really don't know what happened. I know I went for a bike ride and the next thing I knew I was in an ambulance on the way to ER. I also experienced some amnesia from that event. And I believe it was all related to my taking Lipitor. To help cope with this I wrote an account of my experience. I would like to share that with others but it is fairly long, about 3,000 words. Is there a way to post that on this forum? Has anyone else here experienced syncope from Lipitor use? It is listed as an "adverse reaction" on the Pfizer/Lipitor website.
oldbike

A statin amnesia attack can last only seconds

Postby spacedoc » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:23 am

Dear Oldbike, please send me your story. (spacedoc@cfl.rr.com) It would make a great website paper. This fits in with my paper on short term TGAs. A TGA of hours in duration is quite easily recognized but TGAs measured in just seconds or minutes can only be surmized. Neurophysiologically, they are just as possible as the longer ones. In theory. for a few seconds or minutes you forgot how to bike. Imagine a pilot with the same thing even for five seconds? Spacedoc
spacedoc

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)