Return of muscle pain after stopping supplements for surgery

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

Return of muscle pain after stopping supplements for surgery

Postby peterpan95 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 am

I previously had leg muscle pain from taking Atorvastation 40mg. This was eventually eased with 600-1000mg CoQ10, 1000mg Omega 3 Fish Oil, 1000mg Vit C.
I had to stop these supplements for some time this year because of repeated general anaesthesia for surgery.
I am back on the supplements and am taking 1500mg CoQ10 as a booster.
However, I am awakened at around 4-5am each morning with muscle pain in my legs.
Any ideas please?
peterpan95

Postby Allen1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 am

Hi there Peterpan95,

hopefully you no longer take Atorvastation or any other statin or you are just realistically causing more harm to yourself if you are still taking them. You may want to try Acetyl L Carnitine along with the items you take, it worked very good for me and a lot of other statin damaged folk in relieving or reducing many of the problems.

If you haven't already stopped taking statins, I would recommend that you do so. I am no doctor but I wouldn't wish the problems that this poison caused me and most of the folk on this site to be inflicted onto anyone else, especially when we know what is causing them.

Also it can realistically take years for many of the problems to fade away, some of those problems can also be permanent as many of us have found out from experience.
Allen1

Reply to Allen1 re my Statins

Postby peterpan95 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 am

Hi Allen1,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I AM still taking the Statins.
The logic is, I have Ischaemic Heart Disease diagnosed 2008 and have 7 Coronary Stents in place.
To me is does seem a case for Statins.
The pain had previously gone with CoQ10, but at the moment I cannot shake it off since stopping the CoQ10 for the surgery.

Regards
peterpan95
peterpan95

Postby Allen1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Peterpan95,

I also have Ischaemic Heart Disease even after a triple bypass. I don't have any stents so I can't comment on those but I do know that a few months before the bypass, my Simvastatin dosage was increased from 10mg to 40mg and things that were bad enough then, now became exasperated. At the time I believed it was just the consequences of needing the operation and things would improve after I had it, a couple of years or more after the operation things were still going downhill, that's when I found out what was causing the problems but by then it was really too late.

I wasn't taking Q10 when I was on statins because I didn't know about it and apparently neither did the doctors at the time. Ten to twelve years of statin therapy did me more harm than I ever should have witnessed, they also didn't stop me from needing a triple bypass 8 years into the therapy after having a heart attack so as far as I am concerned all that statins have achieved is to reduce my quality of life considerably.

As you can see I have NO good things to say about this poison, I do hope you manage OK with it especially if you add Acetyl L Carnitine to your list but I also hope you decide to stop taking the statin and maybe with a bit of luck and determination get better although as I previously mentioned, it can take a very long time for that.

All the best,

Allen.
Allen1

Muscle or nerve pain after STOPPING Atorvastatin

Postby peterpan95 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am

I have 7 coronary stents due to my coronary arteries being blocked. I was on Lipitor but had to cease due to severe pain in my legs. Now several weeks OFF Statins the pain is still there, especially early morning. I am taking 300mg CoQ10, Fish Oil Omega 3 1000mg and 1000mg Vit C.

Any ideas how to get the leg pain to stop?

Off Statins, what stops the Stents from getting clogged up again?

Many Thanks,
peterpan95

Postby lars999 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 am

Morning PeterPan95!!

I too wondered why stents fail, so I did Google search on "why stents fail" and got a bunch of seemingly informative hits. Here is first one I started reading
*http://www.appliedradiology.com/Issues/1998/07/Articles/Vascular-stents--How-they-work,-why-they-fail,-and-how-they-can-be-improved.aspx

One quickly gets idea that stents are by no means foolproof, either in process of insertion or subsequent use. I have no substantive idea what current status of stint technology is, but, some determined searching should be enlightening. What little I have read yet this morning does not give any information about medication to hinder clogging of stents, but, it must be out there somewhere.

For whatever it might be worth, I have one friend that was prescribed simvastatin many years ago, following insertion of stent. He was still taking simvastatin a couple of years ago -- I know nothing more about his situation, e.g., difficulties or lack thereof with stint, general condition of his arteries currently or when stent was inserted, etc.

I have another friend that had a near fatal heart attack, caused by rupture of a "plaque boil" somewhere in his body, and the area in artery that was blocked by clot was fitted with stent -- he was prescribed low dose aspirin. This person had totally plaque-free arteries every where investigated by probe used to insert stint. They never could establish location of ruptured plaque boil (vulnerable plaque). He had no previous indication of any adverse cardio-vascular condition.

Like many/most/nearly all??? posters here, I personally would have to be presented VERY convincing data for continued use of any statin drug. For me, NO doctor's advice alone would suffice. However, I was and remain quite healthy, other than the extensive damage and adverse effects of Lipitor, which I strongly wish I had refused.

Best wishes for finding verifiable information!
Lars
lars999

Pain after ceasing Lipitor even with CoQ10 supplement

Postby peterpan95 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks Lars 999,
I shall continue to remain Statin free for the time being yet there is a niggling concern that the Statins might be helping.

peterpan95
peterpan95

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)