FDA Medwatch Reports for Lipitor (1998 to 2007)

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

FDA Medwatch Reports for Lipitor (1998 to 2007)

Postby Brian C. » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:39 am

*http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2008/03/03/fda_medwatch_reports_for_lipitor_1998_to_2007.htm

Dr Graveline's conclusion :

"FDA has a first rate monitoring system but a grossly deficient one for reporting findings back to the medical community. The average primary care physician in our country today would be startled to see these figures, especially the ones for cognitive dysfunction, neuropathy, rhabdomyolysis, depression, neuropathy and hepatitis.These are the people who write the prescriptions for statin use. From my 23 years of experience as a primary care doctor I would say that any doctor attempting to practice medicine without such information is liable for malpractice. Only with this information can he make proper, informed judgments for treatment plans. It pains me to see my colleagues being maneuvered into this position.

Duane Graveline MD MPH "
Brian C.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:50 am

Brian: Terrific link. I had to bookmark it so I could go back and follow all the rabbit trails. Too bad I don't have time for another career; this search could easily become a fascinating one.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)