At Last!

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

At Last!

Postby rockingrammy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 pm

After many attempts to get my husband to understand the Lipitor he has taken for the last several years was robbing him of his quality of life, he believes me! He was diagnosed with non-descript colitis last year. This year he had another bout of it. When I told him last week that the Lipitor may be the cause he began to listen. He wanted to know how he could tell. I told him to stop taking it for a day or two and see what happened. He didn't take any Saturday or Sunday. He said he felt less pain in his shoulders and knees and his colitis seemed to be in remission. Monday he took his 10mg dose of Lipitor. Today he tells me he doesn't feel as good as he did over the weekend. His knees hurt more. When I asked him if he was ready to accept what I had been telling him he said he thought it just might be true. I hope he is giving serious thought to stopping the lipitor completely. I just want to thank everyone for sharing their trial and tribulations. Without them I would never have convinced him to even try stopping this awful drug.
rockingrammy

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 am

That's great. You must be very relieved!

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:22 am

Grammy Sorry, hit the submit key too quickly. Don't forget the CoQ10 if he is not already taking some , and the L-Carnitine. Good luck.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Quitting Lipitor

Postby ridge24 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Yes, grammy...there is life after Lipitor. Feel free to read my post. It might give you some ideas...

Best of luck...ridge :D
ridge24

Update

Postby rockingrammy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:07 am

Ater just two days off the lipitor my husband noticed a difference. He had decided to do an every other day dose. I found out yesterday that he stopped taking it all together. I am now seeing my husband the way he used to be. He sees his GP on Friday. I'm sure there will be a big problem when he tells the dr. he has stopped the lipitor.

My husband had a massive heart attack in Sept 1997. He had two stents placed in the left anterior descending artery. He was given lopressor and zocoor. He had adverse reactions to the zoccor. That was stopped and he was placed on every other cholesterol lowering drug that wasn't a statin. None of the seemed to do what the dr wanted so he was given lipitor. Later he was also give 2000 mg of niaspan a day.

When I told my husband about the things I had noticed over the past several months, he was amazed. He hadn't even been aware. I think his mind is beginning to clear. His disposition has improved. I'm not seeing the anger I saw before.

I'm glad to see my husband returning to me. :D
rockingrammy

There are doctors out there who know

Postby rockingrammy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Just had to post this. My husband had an appt with is gastroenterologist today as a follow up on his colitis of undetermined cause. My husband mentioned to him that I had read (on this forum) about statins being a possible cause for colitis. The doctor said he didn't think so but he did agree that the severe muscle weakness and joint pain was most likely from the lipitor and that he should discuss it with his GP.

Maybe if we all keep hounding our doctors they will all get the message eventually.
rockingrammy

Postby Cat Mom2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Congratulations on finally getting him to open his eyes. For some reason, something drastic has to happen to open some peoples eyes..

If it gives you gas as they already know it does and it also gave me acid reflux, I would believe it gave your husband colitis.. I don't think there is any part of your body that stuff don't screw with. I haven't had indigestion, or acid reflux since I quit the stuff!
Cat Mom2

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)