I was poisoned with Lipitor

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Lipitor and its effects.

I was poisoned with Lipitor

Postby John Hope » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:24 am

Hi all
I'm one of those persons who has a family history of heart disease and who is indisputably high risk. I had an MI in 1994, which was followed by baloon angioplasty. I had another MI in 2000 which was treated with angioplasty and 3 stents, following which I stopped smoking, began a health regime and was prescribed Simvastatin 20mg. There didn't seem to be any noticeable side effect problems with this. Despite very low cholesterol levels (TC usually <3.7 mmol/l) that caused my GP shower himself with praise himself every time I had a blood test, and despite being fit and active, I had a further MI in 2005 which was treated with angioplasty and 3 stents. Sometime around 2006/7 I was prescribed Atorvastatin 20mg and that's about when the problems began. In October 2007 I felt symptoms that by this time I recognised and had pre-emptive angioplasty with a branched stent. The cardiologist - supposedly one as one of UK's best - increased my Lipitor first to 40mg, then to 80mg.

Serious troubles immediately I started on 40mg. All the side effects of the 20mg were amplified and I had nearly all the physical side effects listed on this forum; thankfully none of the mental ones except slight depression probably caused by my feeling so exhausted all the time.
After a week of the 80mg I knew I would not lbe able to tolerate any more of this and began searching the net for info.

I found this site and it all became a lot clearer. I have stopped all statins and felt an improvement within 24 hrs. I am 49, fit, active and in general good condition. I work out at a gym every second day. My diabetes is well controlled with tablets which don't seem to have any adverse effects. I have ordered a supply of Coq10 as well as spacedoc's book and when this arrives I will read what he recommends for high risk patients.

Thank you spacedoc and thanks all of you for sharing your experiences on this forum and helping others not to go down the road of institutionalised poisoning.

John
John Hope

Reply for John Hope

Postby sos_group_owner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Hello John and Welcome to the Forum,

Re: "Despite very low cholesterol levels (TC usually <3.7 mmol/l) that caused my GP shower himself with praise himself every time I had a blood test, and despite being fit and active, I had a further MI in 2005 which was treated with angioplasty and 3 stents."

This is the point at which your doctor should have asked himself... "Hmmm, my patient has outstanding TC, what other blood tests (factors) should I check to see if something else is amiss... maybe check homocysteine, Lp(a), hs-CRP... let's take a look at INFLAMMATION and his body's response to inflammation..."

The sad truth is... our doctors are relying on drugs and not even considering there may be other factors or deficiencies.

Below is Dr Graveline's list for "Statin Alternatives".
These items reduce and prevent inflammation and have the same anti-inflammatory affect as 20 mg's of Lipitor (atorvastatin), without side effects. (i.e. anti-oxidant, reduce platelet stickiness, controls homocysteine)

* buffered aspirin - 81 mg (contains beneficial magnesium)
* CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) - 100 to 150 mg (Gelcaps - NOT powdered) with small amount of Vitamin E)
** Folic Acid - 400 to 800 mcg
** B6 - 80 to 100 mg
** B12 - 200 to 250 mcg
** All 3 of the B Vitamins above control Homocysteine
~ OR ~
Take a B Complex or multi-vitamin that contains these B Vitamin amounts
* Omega 3 (fish oil, cod liver oil or krill oil) [ There is no upper limit]

Dr Duane Graveline Statins Alternatives article:
http://www.spacedoc.net/statin_alternatives.htm

Note: "Statin Alternatives" are not designed to "lower cholesterol", because cholesterol is NOT the problem.

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 pm

John Hope: Another excellent anti-oxident is Astaxanthin, another is Pycnogenol. Use the SEARCH engine of this forum to search for Astaxanthin and you will get more info; Pycnogenol you will likely have to Google. Inflammation and oxidized LDL are the primary culprits; not cholesterol.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby John Hope » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:55 am

Thanks for that.
I will prepare myself a brew.
John Hope

Return to Lipitor (atorvastatin)