Niagen - Some interesting results

A forum to discuss diet and dietary supplements.

Niagen - Some interesting results

Postby tyyosh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 pm

All, I recently got a heads-up from a diagnosed Mito sufferer with whom I was introduced through a mutual friend. He had come upon a form of B3 called Niagen, and he said that it was making a dramatic difference for him in his energy levels. I got some (it's way more expensive than I would prefer, but that's true of a lot of what we take) and have been taking 2 and now 3 250mg capsules in the morning on an empty stomach.

I did not know what to expect really, but the best way I can describe it is - I am going through long stretches of feeling "normal" - where daily life activities are not in question, and it's not difficult to comprehend energy-requiring things that are coming up - the way things were before the statins, where one would just not have to be concerned about things like this (pre 12/2007). We went on an active vacation to another country, I took an intense business trip, I did a bunch of house projects - and none of it has been terribly difficult from an energy and recovery standpoint as it would have otherwise been.

That's not the only change I did, however (also did some diet changes, lost some weight, re-added some minor supplements that dropped off over time, increased my spiritual faith), but my experience seems to track what my Mito-diagnosed friend experienced from it - not hyper or anything, just noticeably better.

Also, our 22yo daughter was having some potential viral issues (cold coming on), and without telling her what the supplement was, I gave her one 250mg capsule to take in the morning to see if it would help. We saw her post that evening on Facebook that she had "so much energy" (but again, I did not tell her this was an energy supplement). So maybe this can help some of us.
tyyosh

Re: Niagen - Some interesting results

Postby David Staup » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 am

niagen.....Niacinamide and d ribose

much cheaper individually, this is a scam for the ignorant
David Staup

Return to Diet and Dietary Supplements