Life Extension PQQ - anyone have any experience or opinions?

A forum to discuss diet and dietary supplements.

Life Extension PQQ - anyone have any experience or opinions?

Postby Nancy W » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey...I have been off the grid in Uganda. Cholesterol is the last thing they think about there...people can't get food or clean water, let alone drugs. The poverty is grinding, but the people were so sweet. I fell in love! We came home with our new granddaughter, who is seven months old and a sweetie pie!

Here is the unrelated question that has been on my mind: anyone with experience and/or thoughts about Life Estension PQQ? My naturopath said I ought to give it a try, since it claims to grow NEW mitochondria. I think I have read that at least one of you have tried it. Has anyone else heard anything?

I ran out of the Neurochondria (Thorne) when I had to extend my time in Uganda...in about four days, I was in agony...major neuropathy. This nearly two years after I took Red Yeast Rice for one measly month! I was able to get my naturopath to send a double size bottle to a mom who was coming to Uganda from Wisconsin. Ahhhh what a relief it has been. I am back, still taking Neurochondria and doing okay. Still find it very easy to injure my tendons doing practically nothing, plus still, after two years, get fatigued in the pool...but at least I go.

I am happy to be alive. I am happy to have been able to give of my physical therapy skills while I was in Uganda. I am glad to be back, but miss that life over there. Simple. Basic. Unadorned. Every day, I just was thankful for all the blessings in my life. How do you wrap your head around 2.3 million orphaned kids in the country of Uganda, which is as big as Oregon? My heart breaks. Not from cholesterol, but from witnessing the agony of parentless, beautiful children. 80% of Uganda's population is under 30. 57% is under 18. My generation is gone due to war, AIDS and malaria. There is no one to teach the young people of Uganda. No wisdom born of experience. The elders died out. Shocking!

Okay, I am rambling...any ideas about PQQ?

Nancy
Nancy W

Postby uncle2blade » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am

I take it, I don't know anything that you probably haven't seen or heard about it. Best to all Craig
uncle2blade

PQQ

Postby Nancy W » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 am

Craig, do you notice any difference in your energy? Just wondering since I am still having energy issues. Haven't yet had time to order some PQQ.
Nancy W

Postby uncle2blade » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Nancy, I have a host of supplements I take,PQQ is one. I can't say PQQ has given me more energy. I have recovered most of my stamina over the past 4 years though. It has been a very slow recovery, I am grateful for the recovery I've had. Best to you and all, Craig
uncle2blade

Thanks!

Postby Nancy W » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks, Craig, for your answer. I try not to overdo all the supplements...too much money, and I am not all that happy taking any sort of pills...time does help.

Nancy
Nancy W

Return to Diet and Dietary Supplements