Red Yeast Rice - My story

A forum to discuss diet and dietary supplements.

Re: Red Yeast Rice - My story

Postby pops » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Nancy

I didn't take RYR, but I did take lovastatin, which is what's in RYR. I had the same problems you did: heart problems, pain, fatigue. I also had memory problems a day or two. Strangely forgetting names of people I know.

Since taking lovastatin I've had neuropathy: shooting hot and cold pains running down my legs, including every muscle and ligament and joint. Nasty stuff. I wouldn't wish this on my enemies. Well, maybe a few ...

Not sure what causes this. This forum says COQ10 deficiency. Maybe so. When I took COQ, my pain lessened. But it gave me sleepless nights, which I already had a problem with. So I've stopped for a while. The pain came back.

Not sure what the answer is, but it sounds like your naturopath knows more than anyone else. Seems to me the medical establishment is setting the bar on cholesterol too low. As if you can't be too thin, too rich or have too low a cholesterol level. I think they're wrong. I think cholesterol levels can be too low. It'll take 50 years to prove this is true. You know how science is.

I think I'd go with the naturopath and quit cholesterol medicine. But I'm not a doctor and can't take responsibility for giving advice. Then again, the naturopath *is* a doctor.

Best of luck.

pOps
pops

Sleep issues...CoQ10

Postby Nancy W » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi pOps...

I take two supplements from Thorne. One, Neurochondria, has CoQ10, as well as other supplements like B's, can't remember the others...hmmm statin messes with your memory, doesn't it? To help with the sleep thing, I started taking another Thorne supplement, GABA Pro I am definitely sleeping better. If I forget, I wake up.

If I take the Neurochondria, vit D, fish oil, and GABA at the doses my naturopath suggested, and if I take them all very regularly, I have little to no pain. If I skip a day, the symptoms start, if I skip two, they progress up my nerves...

I just finished Dr. Graveline's new book on my iPad. It is an e-book from Amazon. It is good! It has a list of the supplements he recommends. I am going to be adding in the things I am not currently taking one at a time, and see what they do.

Stay tuned!

Nancy
Nancy W

Postby pmgamer18 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 am

I add in some Natural Pregnenolone Cream
if you look at the hormone tree it starts with Chol. then Pregnenolone then the Preg. converts into Progesterone, DHEA, Cortisol, Thyroid and so on it's the best way to level your hormones with out supplementing and ending up on too much.

I did this 2 months ago and I find my Sleeping is great now.
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YBnQTDjpnG ... 20tree.gif
Also my Dr. told me to take 400 mgs of

http://www.vitaminusa.com/prbocr2ozbyl.html
pmgamer18

Previous

Return to Diet and Dietary Supplements