ubquinone v. ubiquinol

A forum to discuss diet and dietary supplements.

Postby David Staup » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:30 pm

all,
the test mentioned in my previous post was called an IVP...well not exactly 2 letters but close :lol:

David
David Staup

CK test

Postby sylviak » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:26 pm

A review of CK test and statin
*http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4100/is_200511/ai_n15847048/pg_3/
sylviak

Postby sylviak » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Brooks,
I received my Active Ubiquinol today.I opened the capsule and it is milky white in colour.
sylviak

Postby Biologist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Here is the exact bottle of Ubiquinol I gave to my neighbor a few days ago (the remaining third of the bottle). She had run out:

*http://www.epic4health.com/qusoubcohkaq2.html

When I saw her just now I got one of the capsules back so that I could check it's color. It was yellowish white and not very viscous at all. It was not cream colored or pure white; there was some obvious tinge of yellow, but certainly not orange. It probably is the real McCoy, as far as I know.

Lots may vary a bit and a bottle being open for a while may oxidize some of this stuff. Someone may want to open a capsule on a dinner plate in the kitchen and see how long it takes for a color change. May be hours, days or never.

Here is the exact bottle of Ubiquinone I am taking now. It was bright orange and very viscous; almost as thick as toothpaste. I have been taking about 0.4 grams per day or some times a half a gram. No clue whether that is overkill for me or not.

*http://www.epic4health.com/q20dosthyco1.html

By the way, my neighbor and I discovered that I had misread the bottle of CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) I had bought from Sam's Club a while back. I had previously posted in this forum, in disgust, that they had mixed it with a bunch of the cheap form of Vitamin E. My bad. They had some of it in there, but it was not what was used as the oil based mixer/filler. So my slandering appears to have been unjustified. It may be decent stuff. If so, the price is sure right. Next time I'm there I will check out the bottle carefully and may buy some. They buy in incredible bulk and it may be cost effective if it is any good.

I have been buying stuff from Dr. Mercola recently partly to support his work. A little more expensive, but not too much. I will continue to get my Coconut Oil from him (while the tub it comes in is tough to open -- it's industrial grade "packaging"). I am going to order his package deal on sunscreen and insect repellent in a minute (Summer Survival Kit) as I have been needing both for the first time in years. When I walk several miles around a stadium parking lot in the afternoon I need something on my face to keep from burning. I've been taking off my shirt to encourage sun otherwise (after loosing 12 lbs of fat, I am not as embarrassed any more, and others do it). I also like his brand of Krill Oil. The capsule is pretty neat looking. I bought a bunch of his Chlorella packages and then some Cilantro from Iherb where I buy most of my other stuff. I am doing his heavy metal detox routine after reading up on it. No hair testing before hand, or afterwards, but will just do it anyway. I also bought his B12 spray. I like that. Brush your teeth first, use an alcohol-based mouthwash to clear away any oral glycoproteins (aka ummm.. mucus) under your tongue, and then use half as much. It will absorb well in that environment (that's my theory anyway). I don't like his vitamin E as it only has three of the six forms. Actually I tried to buy his juicer equipment, but all models were sold out -- just as well, we might not have used it much (but maybe, I've been eating a lot of good stuff from the local farmers' market recently). If this sounds like an ad for some of his stuff, it is. I think he does good work and I like the products so far. I have a bottle of his CoQ10 but have not opened it yet. No discount on the shipping like you get with Iherb though. Soccer moms and such may be a significant part of his clientele. Good move.

Also, one of his most recent newsletter items assisted a post I will make later today or tomorrow. The post includes a finding (a new theory of mine) regarding Lyme Disease (and doxycycline, a major treatment drug for the disease), which I know something about from studying Lyme a few years ago. I believe I was able to connect the dots here and there as you will soon see in the "Egg Test" thread in the "Cholesterol Level - what is normal?" subforum. Most visitors here may not be much interested, but some of us regulars may appreciate it. While the post will take some work to read and get through.

His product page is here: *http://products.mercola.com/

Biologist
Biologist

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 am

Sylvia: Can you tell me who supplied your Active ubiquinol? Do you have a URL link such as Biologist's post included?

Thanks much,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 am

My NSI UBQ arrived. It is dark yellow; not orange as was my Epic4health shipment of Active Q but certainly not white or near white. I honestly don't know what to think at this point. The Mercola version was the one standout (off-white) to date. Based on what Sylvia observed, the Active Q version she received seems to be the only 'milky white' specimen.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Active Q

Postby sylviak » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:35 am

I ordered my ubiquinol from Epic4health.

These are what I ordered:
http://www.epic4health.com/20ac30sousub.html
http://www.epic4health.com/10ac60sousub.html

The colour is white.

The NSI ubiquinol I earlier ordered was pale yellow (very light) which I ordered from Vitacost .It tastes awful, though.
sylviak

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 am

Sylvia: Thank you. I also ordered **http://www.epic4health.com/20ac30sousub.html

That was the shipment which stuck together in the bottles and was orange. I guess that answers my questions about it... it HAD turned and WAS oxidized. It will be interesting to see what they (EPIC4HEALTH) say about it when they get the test results back. Can you tell me how long it took to get the shipment (how long the Q10 was in transit)?

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby sylviak » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:39 am

Brooks,

It was despatched Jyly 20 and arrived August 3. It should have arrived Jyly 23, but was stuck in the Danish custom.

The Vitacost took longer - 25 working days -for delivery.
sylviak

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Sylvia: Thanks. Ubiquinone and ubiquinol are both heat sensitive. Since you are in England or Europe, the heat MAY not be as determinate. Here in Texas the summer heat can be oppressive, and my last shipment arrived during a heat wave averaging 103 degrees f. I feel strongly that heat is the reason for my bad batch. I will have the shipments sent via 2-day air from now on.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Previous

Return to Diet and Dietary Supplements