Recipe for long life

A forum to discuss cholesterol and the meaning of blood cholesterol levels.

Recipe for long life

Postby Ray Holder » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi All
I thought you might like to hear that an old lady of 111, whose death was reported on the news here today, had attributed her long life to eating a slice of bread and dripping every day, with plenty of salt !!

So much for the saturated fat and cholesterol theory!!

Ray
Ray Holder

exercise?

Postby redheadedmary » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 am

Hey Ray,
I was wondering since you've been on this site for a long time, have you run across anybody that has lowered their numbers from exercise alone? I have been meaning to start exercising myself, walking just anything, but like many people have procrastinated.
redheadedmary

Postby Brian C. » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm

It's been observed that exercise can have a positive effect on HDL but does nothing for HDL. Why are you worried about numbers anyway? The whole edifice of the cholesterol hypothesis turned out to be built on junk science (starting with Ancel Keys fudging his results back in the late '40s). HDL & LDL are just carriers, the latter only becoming undesireable when size drops below a critical diameter.

The numbers test is 70 years old and dirt cheap. Knowledge has come a long way in those 70 years.

Studies show that people with high cholesterol tend to lead longer and healthier lives than those with low cholesterol. Low cholesterol is a symptom of morbidity.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby redheadedmary » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks for reminding me of that Brian!! I guess I get a little worried sometimes because my mom has already had stints and my dad has had open heart surgery and valve replacement. I sure don't want to go through that ever.

Now this is going to be interesting to you. My dad never had high cholesterol and then had to undergo triple bypass which was awful to watch him recover from. My mom however has very high cholesterol, never was opened up just had the stints put in. So your right about "numbers." My dad never had high numbers and look what he still went through.
redheadedmary

Postby amyweaver29 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:20 am

So, it means I don't have to worry that my cholesterol is nearing borderline.

Regards and God bless,
Amy
[url=http://www.kaffeevollautomat-info.de]Kaffeevollautomat[/url]
amyweaver29

Postby Allen1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 am

you wrote "Cholesterol is really dangerous", that is completely wrong, your body needs Cholesterol to survive and it is used by every cell in your body and the brain is two percent cholesterol by weight. I also had a heart attack, yet my cholesterol wasn't high. Also after years of taking stains after the heart attack I had to have a triple bypass.

The damage that statins did to my mind and body are totally disgusting and many of the problems are still here years after cessation of them. Don't blame the cholesterol, it is there for a reason and you wouldn't be alive without it. You also need fatty foods within reason to get along, as humans that is what our bodies are designed to use as fuel, nothing wrong with most things in moderation including fruit, vegetables and meat etc.
Allen1

Postby lars999 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:56 am

Actually, cholesterol is incredibly dangerous when combined with doctors that prescribe statins, as each of us here knows well. Doctors that find out a patient has cholesterol then prescribe a statin drug -- any patient found to have cholesterol must be sentenced to life-long financial support of drug companies and their lacky-whacky doctors.

The truth is that pure cholesterol is essential for life, so long as it is not contaminated by oxygen atoms, doctors, drug companies, and/or modern food processing industry.

Beware of doctors prescribing statins!!

Lars
lars999

Postby Allen1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi there Lars,

nice post by the way. I had a good chuckle when I read it :lol:

My previous post was in reply to another post that has by the looks of things been removed, probably because it was another person with external sites that have nothing to do with statins etc.

So that post looks out of place now, I just hope that any other post that has nothing to do with statins or supplements to help alleviate or update the folk who are affected by them are also removed. That is meant to be for people who advertise their site which has no real merit in the statin problems and which have been commented on before for basically trolling a Vegan site.

This person has caused a lot of arguments via his idealism which is at least poor advice and potentially harmful to all of us who have suffered from statin problems.

All the best,
Allen.
Allen1

Postby lars999 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi Allen!!

Thanks for explaination!! Glad you liked my post.

I probably should provide a bit of background to my post. Last evening I finished reading Malcom Kendrick's book "The Great Cholesterol Con" and am very impressed with his humorous style of writing. SO, I will defend my post by noting that I am sorta a "wannabee".

On a serious note, I highly recommend Malcom's book!! But, get your self a nice magnifying glass or pair of 2,25 diopter reading glasses.

Lars
lars999

Postby Allen1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi there Lars,

I enjoyed watching Malcolm Kendrick's youtube videos as in the Leeds BMA Meeting ones. I see there have been some more uploads since then and I will take a look at them later on, Brilliant bloke and down to earth too.

Just Google "Malcolm Kendrick youtube" and there is loads to see and easier on the eyes too :wink:
Allen1

Postby Wonga » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:38 pm

I read that the brain is 50% cholersterol in weight!

[quote="Allen1"] the brain is two percent cholesterol by weight[/quote]
Wonga

Recipe for Long Life

Postby Ozsurvivor » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi everyone. first some background on me. My Paternal Grandfather died in July 1945 of MI aged 43, my father died July 1968 of MI aged 37, his younger brother died January 1971 of MI aged 29 and I had been on the Low Fat Poly-unsaturated Diet since then. Had my MI on 1/1/2011 aged 53 - my cholesterol level measured in the Hospital was 4.1 mmol/L or < 160 mg/dl . My youger brother has cholesterol of 6.5 mmol/l or 250 mg/dl , yet the Scan (latest tech) he had showed NO HEART DISEASE or CALCIFICATION WHATEVER ! Perfectly healthy arteries.

As Dr. Malcom Kendrick states in his paper on STRESS - HEART DISEASE etc. (see spacedoc site), I know that was what caused my Dad and Grandfathers deaths. Having detailed knowledge of their lives for the years before their deaths, I know that points Dr. Kendrick makes in the paper were aspects of their lives - lack of social support, etc. I suspect my Uncle had, and I know I have, Asperger's Syndrome (this they say is 90% genetic) and life can be stressful because of it. My younger brother's family have had DNA testing for Gluten sensitvity, which proved positive. This indicates metabolic dysfunction in the family, as I have Gluten sensitivity also and am on a Gluten Free Casein Free diet.

I am aware that you can have a genetic variation that effects Vitamin B6 metabolism - believe it affects a transport mechanism in B6 metabolism. This can then affect Homocysteine regulation, because Vitamin B6 is required for that. There have been trials in 1993 and 1998 (Irish) where supplemnetation with Vitamin B6 (7 -10mg), Folate (1000mcg) and Vitamin B12 (30 -400mcg) achieved 30% reduction in elevated Homocysteine levels. See Dr. Kilmer McCully's paper on Homocysteine on the spacedoc website for more info on Homocycsteine.

TWO IMPORTANT HAPPENINGS - FIRST: In the mid 1980's I met a young woman who was a nurse and a vegetarian. This lead me to the world of Nutrition, Vitamins and Supplements; which I duly studied and took for many years till around 1992, when they suddenly became more expensive and my wallet was shrinking. (Remember this date)

SECOND: Craig Baskin-Byrne (R.I.P. July 2000) a spritely 75 yr. old moved in next door in 1999. Chatting we found commonality of heart disease problems. Craig had an MI in 1980 which left a large part of his heart calcified (really dead). Doctors said three years if you take all the meds we have. He saw Ross Horne (ex QUANTAS snr pilot) advertising his book THE NEW HEALTH REVOLUTION. Craig took to it, said no to the meds, eventually going Fruitarian Diet and growing his own fruits and vegetables, as well as buying at the local Organic markets. When I met him it was 19 years after the MI and 11 years after his Doctor's funeral. Through this book he lent me, I learnt of Dr. Max GERSON. Dr. Max GERSON used NUTRITION to cure, presenting 50 terminal cancer patients cured, to the US Senate Inquiry around 1948. Later he published a book - A CANCER THERAPY - RESULTS OF FIFTY CASES. The work continues today through the GERSON INSTITUTE (www.gerson.org); though the Inquiry resulted in legislation that made the actual practice of it ILLEGAL in the USA. Dr. GERSON's focus was on getting the blood chemistry RIGHT so the body could function correctly and thereby heal itself. Seems Craig showed that true and now I know WHY.

Following myopathy in my left thigh/hip and left shoulder joint around three weeks ago, I found this site and a few others. The cause of my problems was the 40mg Lipitor (Atorvastatin) I was taking since Hospital. Funny. the search I did early never turned up sites that spoke of the adverse effects - or how common they were! I completely GOT Duane's explaination of the Mevalonent Pathway and the damage blocking caused. I stopped my Lipitor cold, then found Duane's post on Stopping Statins. I took it again after three days and discovered other problems I had were caused by it, because they imeddiately appeared. Did a slight taper off, began taking natural anti-coagulation, anti-imflamation food and my vitamins again, especially Vitamin C at 1000mg a couple of times a day, Omega 3's, CoQ10 and L-Carnitine.

Was still worried I might still suffer problems, untill I found Dr. Mathias Rath's website ( www4.dr-rath-foundation.org ) and his book about - Why Animals Dont Get Heart Attacks ...Yet Humans Do. (available FREE as PDF download). His site also has archive of the annoucement Dr. Rath and Dr. Linus Pauling made to the World in 1992 of the CURE FOR HEART DISEASE ! (Remmeber I said remember that date before) Over time it will reduce/remove plaque.

I am no longer concerned and have adjusted my vitamin supplements only slightly to fit the guidelines in the book. He explains the research behind the discovery clearly. The C Foundation ( *www.vitaminfoundation.org/statin.htm ) has the registered term NATURE"S PERFECT STATIN (R) . It was annouced in 1985 that Vitamin C was a natural HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor. Low Vit C, high Cholesterol and vice-versa. Vit C particularly inhibits Lipo-protein (a) - Lp(a), the lipo with the sticky apo(a) "glue" around it. What is interesting is STATINS first appeared TWO YEARS after this in 1987 and attempted to achieve a similar thing -- BADLY.

Dr. Rath provides links to the story of the prosecution of the Cartel that price fixed raw vitamin supplies after 1992. They were prosecuted in the USA and then later in the EU, yet they defrauded many for nearly a decade.

I believe the period before 1992, when I took vitamin supplements including large doses of vitamin C, helped me live to fifty before my MI; whilst earlier family members encountered MI's around forty. That nearly decade of vitamins I am sure gave me ten years more of better health. Yet I have no recall of that important announcement made back in 1992. It is hard to find Doctors who are open to views other than STATINs and most people still think good and bad cholesterol and good and bad fat. The only BAD thing is TRANS-FAT. Anyway, hope this helps.

Alex (Australia)
Ozsurvivor

Return to Cholesterol