Heart Attack. Cholesterol vs. Inflammation

A forum to discuss cholesterol and the meaning of blood cholesterol levels.

Heart Attack. Cholesterol vs. Inflammation

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 am

On lowering heart attack risk. Below is a cut n’ paste of an internet article you may find interesting.

How You Can Lower CRP, Homocysteine, and Lipid Peroxidation to Reduce Heart Attack & Stroke:

1. Statin Drugs: expensive; dangerous and sometimes deadly side-effects. a. See list of side-effects in The Cholesterol Conspiracy.
OR, .... even BETTER:
2. Lifestyle Changes: inexpensive, non-dangerous, …and it promotes health! a. Maintain a Healthy Weight b. Maintain a Low-Glycemic Diet (plenty of vegetables) c. Exercise d. Don’t Smoke e. Reduce Stress f. Adequate Sleep g. Drink Plenty of Pure Water h. Maintain Gum Health (brush, floss, and use Co-Q10) i. Use Full-Range Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, and Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids: (a few examples of many vitamins and antioxidants are shown below, though I personally recommend a full-range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids):

Vitamin C 2000 mg/day (vitamin C alone reduces CRP similar to statins)

B Complex Vitamins

Fish Oil (4000 mg per day)

Vitamin D (1000 to 5000 IU/day)

Turmeric Extract (400 to 800 mg/day)

Olive Extract (75 to 200 mg/day)

Grape Seed Extract and Resveratrol (200 to 400 mg/day)

Co-Enzyme Q10 (200 to 400 mg/day)

Betaine (TMG) (1800 to 3000 mg/day)

Magnesium (400 mg/day)

For the full article:

*http://truehealth4u.blogspot.com/2009/05/big-pharma-statin-drugs-vs-antioxidants.htm
cjbrooksjc

Postby amyweaver29 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:14 am

I will really check on this link. I am not really subscribing to taking so much drugs to combat my RHD-MVP. I will always go for non-expensive, no-side effect and all natural/organic medications.

Regards and God bless,
Amy
[url=http://www.kaffeevollautomat-info.de]Saeco Kaffeevollautomat[/url]
amyweaver29

Return to Cholesterol