Heart Disease - the unified theory vs. the lipid theory.

A forum to discuss cholesterol and the meaning of blood cholesterol levels.

Heart Disease - the unified theory vs. the lipid theory.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:02 pm

This is a great paper on cholesterol as a contributor to, and the variant propositions on the real causes of, heart disease. Helps us to understand what we should actually be fighting against. As usual, remove the asterisks before you link.

**http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/pauling.htm

Enjoy,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Biologist » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Brooks,

Excellent article. I had not read this one before. I plan to read it once a month for a while and send it to some people. Well written and hits all the bases. Very convincing.

One thing I liked was the reminder of what can be in animal fat these days (e.g., hormones, antibiotics), otherwise, it's one of the best forms of protein and fat as far as I am concerned. I may start getting all beef and pork products in "organic" form again as I did a while this summer. More expensive, but I think I will do it anyway and just cut back a bit. Eggs will be the protein replacement for me. They are hard to beat. Just for the hell of it, an experiment I may do this summer is to check my cholesterol (via online labs with the "spit" test tubes), then start eating eight eggs per day for as long as I can stand it, then retest cholesterol numbers. I bet my numbers stay the same. I'll let you know in a few months.

I like the way he explains "odd" cholesterol numbers as being a sign of problms rather than a cause of problems. He did an excellent job of that. I had played around once with trying to articulate it in as few words as he did. I would not have beat what he did. Nice.

Thanks for posting it.

JL,

I am sold on vitamin C. Thanks for being its tireless advocate for months. Actually, until reading Brooks article, if asked if it alone would lower cholesterol (by doing the repair work correctly in the vasculature rather than the old cholesterol substitution) I would not have known for sure. Now I do, and it sure makes sense. I am pleased that I have been taking 4 to 6 grams per day (1000 mg averaging about every couple of hours or so -- I just keep them in my pocket), and have been taking L-Lysine and L-Proline regularly for many months. Last time checked, my numbers were excellent -- much better than while on Zocor.

Brooks,

Have you heard from Jeff? How long has he been out of communication?

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Brian C. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 am

Replying for Brooks re Jeff/xrn :

I received my first communication from him for 2 months yesterday. He has been very ill and is now convalescing. His email was uncharacteristically short and gave no details of his illness. I will update when he feels strong enough to contact me again.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Ozsurvivor » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Great post guys. Came across Pauling and Rath's work much later and have posted on other threads on this forum. The oringinal post could also have been posted on the "Recipe for Long Life" thread.

The damming aspect is that the solution they developed is NOW used in Heart transplant surgery [b]because it removes plaque![/b] ...but don't let the public know or trillions of dollars will be lost from STATIN sales.

At the risk of sounding a total wacko. May I suggest checking the relay-for-life website http://www.relay-of-life.org/nazi-roots/chapter.html and reading just the first chapter. I think you will begin to understand why the medical/pharma industry is as it is. Most of what is talked about I have seen unfold in the computer software/operating system world since I discovered GNU/Linux and began using it in 1997 - i.e using patents , F.U.D. (fear, uncertainty, doubt) and dis-information to maintain a dominant monopoly and an obscene financial income. Most of the details can be found on the Groklaw website for those interested. Friends who have been farmers and political activists (not now), in the farming industry here in Australia, tell me they have seen the same thing there also.

Alex
Ozsurvivor

Return to Cholesterol