HOW will stinging/burning in feet end?

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Neuropathy associated with statin drug use.

Re: HOW will stinging/burning in feet end?

Postby Nancy W » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:14 am

I have posted on and off for a number of years about my misadventures with statins...I posted earlier this year saying I felt as if my polyneuropathy was 99% better. I take that back. Some time after that post, I started with Raynaud's Disease symptoms, fingers/toes that blanch with cold, then turn blue, then a painful red...for a number of months, I just assumed that the Raynaud's was coincidental, but of late, I have been wondering if the Raynaud's could be connected to the small fiber neuropathy that I have had since taking RYR four years ago for one month. So tonight, I have been researching. I found some interesting information:

1) Statins can affect autonomic neural fibers too.
2) Raynaud's is a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system
3) Some of the articles I found connected the two, or at least suggested a possible connection.

So, I take back saying I am 99% better and am joining the rest of you who continue to have neuropathic pain and symptoms. Though my symptoms are better than the initial insult, I had one other interesting discovery. That was that there is a correlation with second, or subsequent statin exposures and rapid onset of the side effects. That was true for me when I took RYR, ten years after myopathy with Lipitor, and I had severe symptoms 4 weeks into the RYR. Well, this summer, I started taking a Vit B supplement that had niacin. Big mistake! 72 hours into the Niacin, the neuropathy flared big time! Of course I stopped. Hard lesson to learn. I continue to take Ubiquinol, the more bioavailable form of CoQ10. When I don't take it, my symptoms eventually get worse. I take Fish Oil. We eat Paleo. No high glycemic veggies or fruits, and absolutely no grains. We feel much better and have better energy than we have in many years.
Nancy W

Re: HOW will stinging/burning in feet end?

Postby catspajamas » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:39 pm

How does stinging and burning in feet end? IIt doesn't. It goes on and on and on....13 years for me now..tried a lot of stuff..nothing works. Just have to depend on a narcotic twice a day .otherwise I could not do my chores or sleep. Very depressing to think I will have this until I die. What a fine kettle of fish statins got me into.
catspajamas

Previous

Return to Neuropathy and Statins