Hydrogen Peroxide IV Drip

A forum to discuss personal experiences of Neuropathy associated with statin drug use.

Hydrogen Peroxide IV Drip

Postby cinbad » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 am

I have PN from taking Crestor and I am taking all the usual supplements, Q10,L-carnitine,r-lipoic acid,B12 etc. and I am being treated by a Holistic MD who specializes in chelation therapy. He had recommended that I try Hydrogen Peroxide IV therapy and I have taken 2 treatments so far. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this treatment and what their results are. Keep looking for the cure.
cinbad

Postby Darrell » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Food for thought:
*www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050102/NEWS/501020313/1014
Darrell

Postby SusieO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I hope you read the article about the therapy you are receiving...that is not something I would consider doing to get better.
SusieO

Postby adec » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:21 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Darrell and Susie about the dangers of hydrogen peroxide intravenously. Instead look into the commonly found supplement Glisodin made from melon extract. The science behind supplementing with Glisodin is far more safe and sound. Glisodin would increase the amount of beneficial oxygen without any harmful reactive oxidative effects, not true of hydrogen peroxide. Therefore it is rightfully referred to as the "antioxidant catalyst" or "powerhouse antioxidant” or the “master defense enzyme."

*For those scientific minded, Glisodin (as a major source of bioavailable SOD and catalase) basically works by inactivating free radicals to create oxygen (O2) and hydrogen peroxide. The resulting peroxide (H2O2) is then turned into harmless water (H2O.) Basically two molecules of hydrogen peroxide are converted into two water molecules with an extra molecule of oxygen (H2O2 + H2O2 -> 2 H2O + O2.) These bonds are broken by heme-bound protein as sources of iron.*

Otherwise, high levels of hydrogen peroxide itself can potentiate inflammation, oxidation, and DNA damage and thus cancers etc. Meanwhile catalase and SOD have been studied and shown to marketed reduce oxidation, inflammation and DNA damage, and a host of other beneficial things: increased immune function, a decrease in lactic acid and arterial inflammation etc. Glisodin might also have the added benefit of reversing the damage caused by excess hydrogen peroxide.

This deactivation of hydrogen peroxide is usually done naturally by a healthy liver. However as we age the amount of SOD and catalase diminishes. An excess salt intake would also further inhibit this effect. Interestingly, people who live longest are also found to have high concentrations of both SOD and catalase.

*http://www.glisodin.com/
adec

Return to Neuropathy and Statins