Chest Pain with Crestor

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

Chest Pain with Crestor

Postby spottydog » Sat May 26, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi About 3 weeks ago my Dr. started me on Crestor 10 mg. The next week I went to my Dr. with pain in my chest, He thought pluridic chest pain.Gave me steroids. Another week the pain is still there. The only thing I have done different is take the Crestor, I have not taken it for 2 days, I'm not as tired but the pain is still there. Do you think this is the Crestor? :(
spottydog

Postby Brian C. » Sun May 27, 2007 2:24 am

Welcome to our life-saving forum spottydog :)
It certainly is possible that your chest pain is due to the Crestor.
By the nature of their action statins reduce the quantity of substances manufactured by our bodies that are essential to health.
One consequence is myopathy and I quote from Wikipedia :

"...myopathy is a neuromuscular disease in which the muscle fibers dysfunction for any one of many reasons, resulting in muscular weakness. Muscle cramps, stiffness, and spasm can also be associated with myopathy"

The hardest working muscles are in our hearts and because of this they need the greatest quantity of of those substances whose production is reduced by statins such as Crestor.

In my case I have coronary heart disease which causes me angina of effort (pain in my chest caused by physical activity or anxiety). The angina has been quite crippling for many years but now that I have stopped taking my statin medication (Lipitor) I am at last functioning like a normal 63-year old and can walk briskly, mow the lawn etc.

Read through past postings on this forum and the spacedoc website. Also go to the WHO petition at *http://www.gopetition.com/online/11757.html (remove the asterisk when copying and pasting to your browser) and view the comments.

Also visit *www.talkingstatins.com, which is maintained by one of our forum contributors and which gives comprehensive information about the effects of statins on our bodies.

It is not an exagerration to say that, with a little effort, we can become better informed than our doctors.

The very best of health to you spottydog

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 am

I have a friend that everytime he takes a statin drug, he ends up in the ER convienced he is having a heart attack. he has tried them twice, different kinds and both times thought he was having a heart attack and ended up in the ER.

I too, suffered chest pains when they upped my dose the last time and I just knew I was having heart problems also. The pain went away when I got off the statin.
Cat Mom2

Postby Ray Holder » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:11 am

Spottydog

If I take a statin, the first effect it has is to bring on angina pains. Statins reduce the ability to make Coenzyme Q10, of which quite large amounts must be available for the heart to function properly. Heart FAILURE is one of the side effects of statins. Supplementary Q10 is needed to overcome the damage, see lots of previous postings

Ray
Ray Holder

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)