tried crestor for one day

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

tried crestor for one day

Postby cls » Wed May 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Hello,

My first post is under the general statin page under the subject of myositis. I had been taking Zocor for about 6 years. Three years ago, I started with elbow tendonitis. Many pain meds, injections, rounds of pt, etc. After the last round of pt, I had severe soreness in the biceps area after 2 weeks of lifting 1 lb. weights. The soreness lasted 4 months. I went off the 10 mg of Zocor with my gp's permission. The soreness started to go away in 2 days. A CPK blood test was normal.

After 1 month off the Zocor, my total cholesterol went up to 232. Last time it was checked, it was 167. My doc wanted me to start 5 mg. of Crestor. Also, in the last month I had started taking CoQ 10, vitamin C and a B complex with a Niacin amount of 25 mg (as niacinamide). It did seem as though I was having a rebound of pain. When I took the first tablet of Crestor the next day, besides being sore I was very tired, dizzy, even had some blurry vision.

Could this amount of niacin and 5 mg of Crestor cause this return of symptoms? Could the return of pain happen with just the niacin at 125% daily value? Any ideas? Thanks.

Connie
cls

Postby SusieO » Wed May 02, 2007 7:01 pm

Connie I took a multi-vitmain earlier this year that had Niacin in it and had an awful rebound effect of pain and weakness that I am still dealing with, but it has gotten somewhat better.

It could very well be that your body is also very sensitive, like mine, when you take any form of a cholestrol lowering type substance. I even tried to take cinnamon capsules and after a week I was in so much pain it was almost unbearable.
SusieO

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)