Statins and Lymphoma Cancer

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

Statins and Lymphoma Cancer

Postby schatzi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Was prescribed statins (the gamut) from 1993 to 2009, the last having been Crestor. After experiencing continued side effect I took myself off statins.

Last year I was diagnosed with Stage 4 large B-Cell diffuse Lymphoma and Stage 3 Follicular Lymphoma.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar?
schatzi

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Schatzi:

I have not had that experience nor do I know anyone who has, but there are a couple contributors on the site who have been diagnosed. The only diagnosis I recall clearly was for Leukemia. Do a forum SEARCH for the word 'cancer'.

Legal recourse is in play for those who were prescribed statins at the 80 Mg level. A Google search should turn them up.

In any case, let me express my most heart-felt condolences. I wish you a complete recovery.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby David Staup » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 am

A quick search for statins and lymphoma gives mostly "statins MAY reduce risk of lymphoma"....That tells me there IS a link. These "studies" come out only when there is a link and they're trying to hide it and/or confuse the courts in future lawsuits.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp ... 93&bih=535

David
David Staup

Postby schatzi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 am

David/ Brooks;

Thank you both for the links. I have a lot of reading to do. From what I have glanced at so far, it seems that most of the studies are very vague and not well controlled or documented. Obviously there is a link between statins and cancer, good or bad.

However, the extended period I was prescribed statins and the variety of statins, I should certainly never have become a victim of cancer.

So much for the veracity of these studies.
schatzi

lymphoma, leukemia, breast cancer, type 2 diabetic.....

Postby vicki » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am

Oh, I have been trying to get back on this site for over a year now. Schatzi, I see you have lymphoma from statins. I have CLL chronic lymphocytic luekemia, or a lymphoma B-cell called. Read about it, CLL.

I started statins in Aug. of 1995, before this I was healthy. developed severe breathing problems, cll cancer which was missed for many years in the year 2000 my blood tests show I got it (my doctor never noticed my lab work said CLL? untill 3 of 2010) I wonder why I pay doctors to do lab work and talk to me about the results. . Breast cancer looked like I had on mamogram since 6 21 1999, diagnosed in 2011 becasue no doctors ever followed up like they were suppose to (must of been slow growing) . I was left on Statins for 7 LONG years. I developed type 2 diabeties, severe diverticultis, nerve damage, muscle damage... and on and on and on. I've been search for years now to find others getting cancer from statins. I KNOW I got cancer and everything else from the statin drugs I was left on and needed, right needed.I went back to 1995 and got everyone of my medical records and lab work done on me, it was obvious what caused all my problems. I too took myself off statins, cuz the doctors said I would have a heart attack or stroke if I wasn't on it. My heart is still fine, I was 47 then, I am now 64 and 1/2.

In the, I believe it is called PROSPER TRIAL, it talks about how the drug co.'s did the studies, how breast cancer showed up. I believe this is the study and still we are prescribed statins. Type 2 diabetes now, and still we are prescribed statins, and it doesn't juist come from high doses of 80 mg. I was on a lower dose. I also got high blood pressure while on statins. The side effects have not gone away. When will doctors wake up. Studies show statins are not preventing heart attacks, strokes or anything.
vicki

Statins causing cancer studies

Postby vicki » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 am

Schatzi or anyone found any studies on statins causing cancer?
vicki

PROSPER TRIAL STATINS

Postby vicki » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)12397-5/fulltext
vicki

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)