Crestor Issues

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

Crestor Issues

Postby schatzi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Have taken Crestor 5mg daily for about 2 years, stopped in Nov 2008 due to many issues including peripheral neuropathy. LDL went back up to 141 and was advised to take 2.5 mg Crestor daily in Feb 2009. All the same issues are back. I now have atrial fibrillation. Since about one year I have serious issues with hypoglycemia. Have read about the diabetes problems, do not have diabetes, however the hypoglycemia is becoming difficult to manage.
Has any one experienced this?

I have been on Statins many years including, Mevacor, Zocor, Pravachol and Lipitor had to stop all of them due to the side effects.
schatzi

Postby uncle2blade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:46 am

schatzi,
Welcome to our forum, there is a lot of information here. How to lower your LDL without statins, how to remove the plaque in your circulatory system, and how to live without pain, or at lest make it bearable.
Please become familiar with the forum, It has really helped me. Read as many members stories as you can. Find out what helped them.
Most members here stop taking statins. However this is a decision you'll have to make. Make that decision an informed decision.
Besides this forum there are a lot more sights you can visit to help in that choice,also google the symptoms your having.

Best to you, Craig
uncle2blade

Thank you!

Postby schatzi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 am

Thank you for your reply.
I stopped Crestor three days ago, just can't deal with it anymore. Will look for other solutions including strict dietary measures. It will be a challenge to deal with the Lipid Clinic on my next appointment!

Just a bit of information: my husband is diabetic, his LDL was 113, on the insistence of his VA Dr. who threatened to prescribe Statins, he started a regimen of Promise Super Shots and Promise Buttery Spread, 0mg fat, (available in the Dairy Dept.) His LDL went down to 79 in two weeks. According to the Dr. his LDL is supposed to be less then 80 for a diabetic.

We were both amazed, of course I have started Super Shots as well, on my last visit to the Lipid Clinic the LDL was 141. Of course I have not been as faithful with my diet as my husband, so I have to make some adjustments.

Thanks again, I will do a lot of reading on this forum. Great web site as well.
schatzi

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)