Supplements and statins

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

Supplements and statins

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:03 am

Hi, I have F.H. and have come down to a cholersterol level of 5 from 12 after years of statins, low fat diet ect.. my Endocrinologist has asked me to stop taking 1000 mgs of Omega 3 fish oil's as he says this is of no benifit, has anyone else been asked to stop taking this as I believed that omega 3 was good for your heart and cholesterol levels ? regards Liz. :D :)
Liz

Postby Brian C. » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:42 am

Ah, the Alice-Through-The-Looking-Glass World of Marketing-Based Medicine where everything you are told is the inverse of Truth.

Liz, have you not read Dr Malcolm Kendrick's book "The Great Cholesterol Con" yet? Please go over to Amazon and order a copy as a priority read this Summer. My endocrinologist now has a copy in his clinic and has taken himself off a statin.

Our only protection against ignorance and manipulation is knowledge, enabling us to regain control over our bodies and our lives.

Brian (FH but now statin-free)
Brian C.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 pm

LIZ: Find a reputable surgical physician, and arrange for him/her to perform a pre-frontal lobotomy on your current medic. Although this procedure may result in NO CHANGE to this person's demeanor, he is (in my opinion) an incompetent boob, and the surgery will, at least, take him out of circulation for a time! Please tell me you are using CoQ10 as well?!

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

FH and Supplements

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 am

Thanks all for your reply's, I too was suprised that the Dr told me to stop OMEGA 3, yes I do take co-Q10 and natural vitamin E.What a mine field as I try so hard to help myself,I take Crestor 40mgs and Ezetimibe as my cholesterol rises if I stop taking them, I have had a heart attack and a stent fitted last October so am really careful about what I eat and need to keep my cholesterol down,regards to all Liz xx :D :) :lol:
Liz

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)