So much for low doses of statins. . .

A message board to discuss personal experiences of Crestor and its side effects.

So much for low doses of statins. . .

Postby John Hope » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:00 am

After a disaterous experience with Lipitor, from which I had nearly all the commonly reported side effects including great bruising, I started taking Doc Graveline's anti-inflamatory potion. I'd been doing great on this for over a month when after discussions with my cardiologist and after reading Doc Graveline's book I agreed to try a low dose of Crestor.

Now I am not a religious person at all, but sometimes when one tries to do something quite straightforward and it becomes extremely difficult, you wonder if it isn't a 'sign'. Here's how it went when I was trying to get my prescription filled:

Day 1: Local pharmacy closed because pharmacist not available.
Day 2: Alternative pharmacy only had 14 tablets.
Day 3: Local pharmacy had long queue of coughing, sick people stretching out the door.
Day 5: Alternative pharmacy still only had 14 tablets

If this wasn't a 'sign' I don't know what is. But I ignored the sign and persevered and on day 6 I got the tablets at the local pharmacy. I mean, I take 100mg CoQ10 daily, so what can go wrong, I asked. Answer: lots.

Day 1: Irritability and tiredness (like had on Lipitor)
Day 2: Wolly-headedness and anxiety attacks. (like had on Lipitor) Difficulty in swallowing. (Also like had on Lipitor) Blood sugar seemed higher than usual (Type 2)
Day 3: Chest cramps. (Much worse than had on Lipitor). Some difficulty and in forming coherent sentences to speak when under slight pressure.

I guess some people are simply too sensitive to statins to take any of them. I'll continue with Doc Graveline's anti-inflamatory potion.
John Hope

Postby Allen1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 am

Hi there John,

it certainly looked like someone was watching out for you with the chemist problems :D

I hope you report back to your cardiologist with the problems that the medication caused when you tried them again. Some doctors realise there is a real problem but others do not seem to know, thankfully more doctors do seem to take notice a lot more now.

All the best,

Allen :)
Allen1

Postby harley2ride » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Yes, speak loud and long to any doctor who will hear you, about the problems you had with statins, and point them to this web site. We need more people to understand the dangers of these drugs.
harley2ride

Postby Vincenzo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 am

Hi John,
I'm new to this forum. I have already rejected statins. Have been fighting with the docs since shortly after my heart bypass last May.
What I would like to know is how to obtain Doc Graveline's anti-
inflamatory potion, or what the supplements involved are. Thanks
for any you can give me.
Vince
Vincenzo

I understand your problem

Postby Bianca » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 am

I have been on zocor, lipitor, and crestor all at low doses. Each time I have suffered from panic attacks and parkensons like symptoms in addition to painful muscle a recing heart that could not me controlled for 40minutes--Over a period of two years the attacks were consistent on the zocor and lipitor yet docs refused to believe the cause. I went off the meds and for two years lived panic free. Now I am back on Crestor and evertime I exercise with weights of any kind ven if it is a one ounce kleenex tissue I suffer in the middle of the night from muscle pain, a weighted chest, palpatations and a drop in body temp. Monday I got the doc to take me off the drug for the net few week s to see how I do--they still don't think it is the statins--duh--well then why are the attacks only when I am on this hell drug.
Has anyone else suffered like me?
Bianca

Postby uncle2blade » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 am

Bianca, Yes. Read my posts under uncle2blade on member list.
Best to you, your in my prayers, Craig
uncle2blade

Return to Crestor (rosuvastatin)