Healthytalk radio

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Healthytalk radio

Postby mags » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:25 am

This site has a wealth of information. Healthtalkradio.com has Dr. Graveline in hour #3 that you can listen to for Tues., Nov13. It is a must to listen to.
mags

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:27 am

Mags: Re: Healthtalkradio: I can't find Dr, Graveline on the listing for Tueday, and I'm not sure what hour #3 is. Can you give me a segment title to look for? I'm in central US, and I think you are too so our time reference should be the same.

Thanks,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:41 am

Hi there Brooks,

I found the site and page, although I can listen to the conversations etc, I can't download the file to play as an MP3 or other type of audio file.

the link is:-

*http://www.healthytalkradio.com/index.cfm/5704
Allen1

Postby Allen1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:43 am

Don't know why M-P-3 came out as spam etc?
Allen1

Postby Dee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Mags,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Allen1,

Thanks for getting me to the correct area. I was able to play the show, and got no "spam" error. Windows Media player was the program that worked for me.

Dr. Graveline,

Thank you for being on the show.

I do have to say that the news that you have been Dx with ALS is breaking my heart.

You have done SO much for us, I wish I could help you in some way. I know Dr. Whitaker will try to help you, as he said on the show. All I can say is Love Ya Doc, and will be praying for your medical problems to be resolved.
Dee

Postby Allen1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:03 am

Hi there Dee,

I wanted to try to download the conversation and play it off line and let someone else I know hear it. I would have converted it to M-P-3 to use in my player but the file won't download although you can listen to it in media player while online.

When I wrote M-P-3 in my first post it came out as" SPAM MESSAGE - DO NOT OPEN". As you can see I had to space out the M from the P and the 3 or it would have been seen as spam again. Hopefully this file type will be allowed in future posts without the spam message :-)

Thanks again Dee, what you have written for Dr. Graveline in your post just about says it all for most of us who have heard the bad news.

Mags,

I would also like to thank for letting us know that this conversation had taken place and that it was available for all to hear, it was good to actually hear Dr. Graveline talking, I would have missed that if you hadn't pointed it out.:(
Allen1

Postby adec » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:45 am

Allen: You're so right. This is an crucial interview that everyone being administered a statin, or considering such needs to hear. I've already converted the file into MP-3, and even edited out the commercials. I can gladly post a link, or e-mail it to you. You'll find my e-mail address by pressing the profile button on this post. The file is approximately 5mb in size.

Mags: I want to thank you for bringing this show to our attention!

Dr. Graveline: I hope you're regularly reading this forum, as we have provided a lot of truly vital information here. For instance, the US patent on a Mevacor/CoQ10 combination drug and the Canadian statin black box warning was posted some time ago. I am also so very sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
adec

Postby adec » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:34 am

Just uploaded Dr. Graveline's Health Talk Radio interview onto Sendspace. You will find the download link on the very bottom of the page.

*http://www.sendspace.com/file/fib0yt
adec

Postby Allen1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi there adec,

thanks for converting and uploading the Health Talk Radio interview.
I was getting nowhere with that and would have had to use a microphone to record it and then change it to MP 3 format, thats one brilliant job you did there :-)

I've downloaded the file and will take it with me next time I go to my friends and to my doctors, it explains things a lot better than I could. :-)

Thanks again for the file, this should help a lot of people like me, explain what they mean to say when brain fog gets in the way and the right words just don't come forward.
Allen1

Postby Dee » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:10 pm

adec,

YOU are a gem! Thank you for making it so easy to download that radio show. I, too was trying to figure out the best way to keep a copy.

Allen,

I also plan on making copies, probably on CD, to pass around to the family next week at Thanksgiving.

I should send a truckload to my doctor, and tell him to give one every time he writes a prescription for a statin.
Dee

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:42 pm

adec: Heading out. Download in process. Will take a look when I return. Thanks so much for the extra effort.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Thank You! It is most informative.
Kathy
Kathy

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs