Combine your statin drug with CoQ10 into one capsule.

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby Biologist » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi, Deb.

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like the guy was trying to lose weight.

Good idea on cutting back on the carbs. Particularly anything that is a refined sugar. White bread or white rice is something that I just don't do at all anymore. I don't do milk anymore either. D-Ribose probably qualifies as a refined sugar, but with a meal I believe it is fine -- or with exercising. That is some of what I have been learning recently about the nature of carbs and human health.

In recent months my energy level issues have corrected. I have easy access to a sun tanning bed and may have noticed some improvement with its use of 10 minutes per session every other day or so. Just thought I would mention that for you and others. (BTW, as you likely know, the testosterone comments are mainly for others who read my posts.) For one, my vision sharpens up for some reason even with eye protection (while I probably go about a minute without the goggles). I can see like a hawk within a short time of getting done. May just be drying oil secreting glands near tear ducts, I don't know. It may be in my head, but I seem to feel a little better after a session for a day or two. Vitamin D is a hormone and some people do better with sun (or tanning beds) than with supplements. I do not think it has much effect on my arms though, but maybe a little.

Keep your spirits up.

Biologist
Biologist

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs