Dizziness after quitting statins?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Dizziness after quitting statins?

Postby pantaleon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi,

I took Zocor for 10 days, then stopped taking it due to a bad reaction. That was 3 months ago. My muscles are getting better but I have had persistent dizziness, lightheadedness, vertigo for 14 weeks now.

Has anyone else experienced long-lasting dizziness after quitting a statin, or is this condition unrelated to Zocor?
pantaleon

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:32 pm

I don't know but I suffered with bouts of vertigo the whole time I was on Lipitor, have been off over a year and I stay lightheaded. This is different than the vertigo. Mine started about a year off the statin, I was on the stuff 5 to 6 years.
Cat Mom2

Postby Neetka » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:47 am

Hello, and thank you for this site and to all for sharing the information about statin side effects.
I too feel lightheaded after 18 months on, and since then, 4 months off Rosuvastatin.
The other noticeable effect was that I stopped enjoing my bath. My all body felt rigid and physical sensation of water on my skin became dull and unpleasant. There was much bigger loss of (greasy?) skin during rubbing.

Daily bathtime used to be wonderful before statin, and now I see gradual change to old me, apart from dizzy episodes.
Neetka

Dizziness

Postby bunnylady » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:27 pm

I still feel dizzy and lightheaded a year off Lipitor- on my bad days I say I'm "boneless" - its like my arms and legs are so light I could just fling them into the air

I found the secret is to take the whole regiman of vitamans recommended on this site every DAY- miss a day and I'm tired and useless all day- sometimes if I can't get them down before bed I make up a bucket of them and take throughout the day

MY D.O. physician sold me an energy drink for nutrition by Advocare called Spark Energy Drink- it sharpens mental focus and is sugar free
bunnylady

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs