iHerb inaccessible

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

iHerb inaccessible

Postby Brian C. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:56 am

I have tried to order Jarrow QH-Absorb (ubiquinol) from iHerb this morning but it looks like their server is down.
At least I HOPE that's what's happened.

Brian
Brian C.

Postby Dee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:27 am

Hi Brian,

Iherb is coming up OK now. However, I have been trying to order Jarrow's MK-7 for the past week and it is out of stock.
Dee

Postby Brian C. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:03 am

Thanks Dee, I have now ordered. Just a glitch thankfully since I could find no other source of supply anywhere near as cheap once airmail to the UK was added.

For those of us in the UK, Nutriglow have almost doubled the price of Pharma Nord Bio-Quinone Q10 Mega 200mg!

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby adec » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Dee, that's a really great price at iHerb.com for 60 capsules of Jarrow's MK-7. For the time being, you can also purchase it for $16.59 with free shipping from this eBay source. I've purchased from this seller before and the service is great, and stock is really fresh.

*http://cgi.ebay.com/Jarrow-MK-7-Vitamin-K2-60-Softgels-Ships-Free_W0QQitemZ180156760495QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
adec

Postby Dee » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Thank you adec! With the free shipping, that is probably a better deal than Iherb. I am going to order some tomorrow.
Dee

Postby carbuffmom » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:14 am

I am wondering how the Jarrow QH Absorb has been working for you all. I tried it for about a month---using 600 mg per day instead of the 1200 mg per day I had been taking. I didn't really notice a difference until a few days ago. I ran out of the QH and decided to finish out the Q10 that I had. After about 3 days, I didn't feel as well as I had been. I felt weaker than normal and more tired. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if the QH is really better. Needless to say, I have ordered another batch of QH. Has anyone else noticed a difference? Thanks, Deb
carbuffmom

Postby Ray Holder » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi
I take 700 mg of Q10 a day, in a 300 and two 200 doses. I changed my two 200s to two 100 QH, and I thought that my blood pressure has been slowly rising over the time that I have been taking it, and, after upping it to 2x200 QH without improvement, I have just gone back to 200s of normal Q10. I have a suspicion that the QH version, which is the reduced, or with oxygen removed version, has to find an oxygen supply before it can fully perform its energy handling role, whereas the ubiquinone type carries it already. I have just come across a web reference in my file on the PC that shows how ATP energy is made and it makes the point that oxygen is necessary at the production point to enable the electron transport system to raise the electron energy level to the required state to carry out it's function. I need a lot of time to absorb the series fully, she had not yet got to the stage of naming Q10 as the electron transport system. If you want to study a bit of biology, it is on *www2.nl.edu/jste/biocourse.htm.Outline but I haven't got a hash symbol to put after biocourse on my machine.

So really, I am just waiting and watching for the time being.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Brian C. » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:41 am

The adducing of oxygen is the final stage of the mitochondrial respiratory chain which results in the energizer molecule ATP. This is facilitated by cytochrome c of which the essential element is haeme (or heme) a. Since the production of haeme a is the result of the farnesylation of proto-haeme anything which reduces the production of farnesyl in our bodies is likely to "strangle" our mitochondrria. This is the least recognized and least studied damaging effect of statin toxicity. It is essentially the same in consequence as carbon monoxide or cyanide poisoning!

From your observation on the utilisation of ubiquinol (Jarrow QH-Absorb) Ray it sounds as if it is perhaps NOT such a good idea for us. Perhaps Brooks can raise this hypothesis with Dr Langjoen when next they meet?

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:24 am

Brian: I've made a note to bring up the subject of UbiquinOL next time I see him.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Brian C. » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:52 am

Thanks Brooks. There seems to be universal ignorance re the haem a effect. One of the World's leading centres for haem deficiency research is the Oakland Children's Hospital Medical Centre but neither the Chief Scientist, Dr Bruce Ames, nor his assistant Dr Joyce ??? was able to uncover any work on haeme a deficiency resulting from mevalonate pathway suppression.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby uncle2blade » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Brooks, How are you doing one year out? Could you please let me know what supplements and the amounts that are recomended for recovery. I now take Ubiquinol CoQ10 100mg 5times a day and L-Carnitine 500mg 4times aday. Craig
uncle2blade

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs